Weekly fashion videos: haute couture highlights
Thursday 27 January 2011
The round dance of the few haute couture houses ended in Paris on January 26: review highlights from the grand maîtres - Karl Lagerfeld at Chanel, John Galliano at Dior - to the new design prodigies, including Alexandre Vauthier and Alexis Mabille, with these videos.
Christian Dior brought on the full fashion drama expected from a couture show: John Galliano's presentation for the house was a favorite.
Chanel presented saccharine dresses that took a total of 6,000 hours to make.
More than just a nod to Lady Gaga? Giorgio Armani Privé.
Look at all of Elie Saab's glittering gowns in the Lebanese designer's show finale.
Stephane Rolland showed some of the most inventive silhouettes of the couture week.
Newcomer Alexandre Vauthier proved why he is turning into a red carpet favorite with a selection of über-glamorous outfits.
Alexis Mabille got almost as much attention for his models' braided hairstyles as for his lacy creations.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
- < Previous
- Next >
£45000 - £69999 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Algo-Develo...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Data Sc...
£50000 - £80000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Data Sci...
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...