Weekly fashion videos: Paris haute couture
Thursday 08 July 2010
Watch the highlights from the haute couture shows in Paris, which ended July 7.
Head designer Karl Lagerfeld - who is rumored to make a cameo on TV drama series, Gossip Girl, which has been filming in Paris during the haute couture shows - staged a roaring show around a giant golden lion (Coco Chanel's zodiac sign), presenting outfits entirely made from pearls.
Jean Paul Gaultier
Feathery and leathery creations, paired with red lips and turbans, prevailed at Gaultier's show, which also saw a performance by the burlesque dancer, Dita van Teese.
The Labenese designer showed predictably spectacular (and safe) dresses worthy of an Arabic princess.
With some outfits seemingly inspired by mens- and workwear, the Italian maestro presented highly wearable options.
The label's signature bows and roses were combined with transparent cage-like structures, elegant lace, and lots of sparkle - fashion blogger, Diane Pernet filmed the runway finale.
From the foil wrapped around the models' heads to the tulip-shaped skirts and petal tops: John Galliano took his floristic inspiration to a very literal level.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...