Will Tumblr displace Facebook in fashion?
Tuesday 08 February 2011
Tech blog Mashable reports that fashion brands are increasingly turning to Tumblr to reach their fans. Why? Because a picture tells a thousand words.
Fashion bloggers have long embraced the latest blogging outlet (see a directory of them here - they currently make up almost 200 of Tumblr's top 1000 blogs), and now brands - such as Kate Spade and Oscar de la Renta - are following suit.
Tumblr is so popular in fashion circles due to its visual-friendly nature and because it makes it easier to 're-blog' posts, which has resulted in fashion campaigns going viral more often than posts outside the field. According to Mashable, Kate Spade now uses the following social media to stay in touch with its fans: "Facebook (for fielding, primarily, customer inquiries), Twitter (for talking to fans, and sharing images ...), YouTube (for distributing branded short films), Instagram and Foursquare."
Tumblr is also one of five nominees as the "Next Big Thing in Tech" at the Fashion 2.0 Awards. The blogging site has already responded to its increasing relevance in the industry by hiring a fashion director and sending 20 of its bloggers to New York Fashion Week (starts February 10).
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
iPhone 6s photos leak shows new phone will be thicker than iPhone 6, could make cases defunct
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
Women really are more attracted to men who make them laugh, study finds
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 4 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
£37040 - £43600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The UK's export credit agency a...
£25000 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a compreh...
£16800 - £19500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to join an organ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the last five years this com...