World's most expensive handbag revealed
Wednesday 02 March 2011
Worth $3.8 million, Mouawad's 1001 Nights Diamond Purse has received official certification from the Guinness World Records as the most expensive handbag in the world.
The renowned jeweler's heart-shaped purse, handcrafted from 18kt gold, incorporates 4,517 diamonds (105 yellow, 56 pink and 4,356 colorless) with a total weight of 381.92 carats. It was crafted by ten artisans working for a total of 8,800 hours.
It is Mouawad's second record-breaking creation after the $11 million Fantasy bra produced in collaboration with Victoria's Secret in 2000 and certified by the Guinness World Records as the most expensive bra ever made.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Working closely with the market...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A reputable company, famed for ...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group has been engaged by a highly resp...