World's most expensive handbag revealed
Wednesday 02 March 2011
Worth $3.8 million, Mouawad's 1001 Nights Diamond Purse has received official certification from the Guinness World Records as the most expensive handbag in the world.
The renowned jeweler's heart-shaped purse, handcrafted from 18kt gold, incorporates 4,517 diamonds (105 yellow, 56 pink and 4,356 colorless) with a total weight of 381.92 carats. It was crafted by ten artisans working for a total of 8,800 hours.
It is Mouawad's second record-breaking creation after the $11 million Fantasy bra produced in collaboration with Victoria's Secret in 2000 and certified by the Guinness World Records as the most expensive bra ever made.
Life & Style blogs
Twitter not working: Social network says problem with tweets not showing is fixed
Ebola crisis: Cases pass 10,000 as almost 5,000 killed by disease in eight countries
Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
What do the text messages between you and your partner reveal about your relationship?
Controversy over Queen's 'first tweet' at London's Science Museum
- 1 McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 2 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...