A no-name aperitif to taste and name
Sunday 17 October 2010
Ever wonder the back-story of how a drink got its name? BourbonBlog.com is giving you the opportunity to create your own by naming its October aperitif creation. Here are the details plus various bottles of ginger brandy to taste and mix.
The no-name drink features the award-winning Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur ($30/€21), a blend of "fine eau de vie, VSOP and XO Grande Champagne Cognacs, fresh Tahitian vanilla beans, Provencal honey and Tunisian ginseng" infused with French Indochine baby ginger.
Here is the recipe:
1.25 oz. Campari
1 oz Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur
½ oz Stirrings Blood Orange Bitters
Soda, to fill
Lemon twist, to garnish
Some names on the list so far include: Curious George, Autumn Equinox, Serial Killer, Canton Clipper and Lady Marmalade. If you think you can do better, submit your idea at: http://www.bourbonblog.com/blog/2010/10/03/the-aperitif-with-no-name/
Additionally, here are some ginger-infused liqueurs to taste:
- GE Massenez Crème de Gingebre (AU$54/€38)
- Mohawk Extra Sharp Ginger Brandy ($16/€11)
- The King's Ginger Liqueur (£23/€26)
- Tambourine Mountain Distillery Ginger Liqueur (AU$47/€33)
- Loft Spicy Ginger Cello Organic Liqueur ($33/€24)
- Dekuper Ginger flavored brandy ($13/€9)
- Mr. Boston Ginger flavored brandy ($20/€14)
- Giffard Ginger of the Indies Liqueur (£20/€23)
- Homer's Ginger Cordial (N/A)
And, gingery cocktails with names to try:
- The Orient Express: http://cocktails.about.com/od/cocktailrecipes/r/orient_express.htm
- Ginger Snap: http://www.ehow.com/how_4615176_christmas-cocktails-ginger-snap.html
- 50+ cocktails: http://www.barnonedrinks.com/drinks/by_ingredient/d/domaine-de-canton-ginger-liqueur-3451.html and http://www.barnonedrinks.com/drinks/by_ingredient/l/loft-spicy-ginger-liqueur-9234.html
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Woman 'suffocates newborn baby in plastic bag and puts it in her desk minutes after giving birth'
- 2 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years
iJobs Food & Drink
£35 - 45k: Guru Careers: An MI Developer is needed to join the leading provide...
£20000 - £22500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leisure organisation manag...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Delivering an inspiring, engagi...
£17500 - £20500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for a great te...