A no-name aperitif to taste and name
Sunday 17 October 2010
Ever wonder the back-story of how a drink got its name? BourbonBlog.com is giving you the opportunity to create your own by naming its October aperitif creation. Here are the details plus various bottles of ginger brandy to taste and mix.
The no-name drink features the award-winning Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur ($30/€21), a blend of "fine eau de vie, VSOP and XO Grande Champagne Cognacs, fresh Tahitian vanilla beans, Provencal honey and Tunisian ginseng" infused with French Indochine baby ginger.
Here is the recipe:
1.25 oz. Campari
1 oz Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur
½ oz Stirrings Blood Orange Bitters
Soda, to fill
Lemon twist, to garnish
Some names on the list so far include: Curious George, Autumn Equinox, Serial Killer, Canton Clipper and Lady Marmalade. If you think you can do better, submit your idea at: http://www.bourbonblog.com/blog/2010/10/03/the-aperitif-with-no-name/
Additionally, here are some ginger-infused liqueurs to taste:
- GE Massenez Crème de Gingebre (AU$54/€38)
- Mohawk Extra Sharp Ginger Brandy ($16/€11)
- The King's Ginger Liqueur (£23/€26)
- Tambourine Mountain Distillery Ginger Liqueur (AU$47/€33)
- Loft Spicy Ginger Cello Organic Liqueur ($33/€24)
- Dekuper Ginger flavored brandy ($13/€9)
- Mr. Boston Ginger flavored brandy ($20/€14)
- Giffard Ginger of the Indies Liqueur (£20/€23)
- Homer's Ginger Cordial (N/A)
And, gingery cocktails with names to try:
- The Orient Express: http://cocktails.about.com/od/cocktailrecipes/r/orient_express.htm
- Ginger Snap: http://www.ehow.com/how_4615176_christmas-cocktails-ginger-snap.html
- 50+ cocktails: http://www.barnonedrinks.com/drinks/by_ingredient/d/domaine-de-canton-ginger-liqueur-3451.html and http://www.barnonedrinks.com/drinks/by_ingredient/l/loft-spicy-ginger-liqueur-9234.html
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 4 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
- 5 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...