A no-name aperitif to taste and name
Sunday 17 October 2010
Ever wonder the back-story of how a drink got its name? BourbonBlog.com is giving you the opportunity to create your own by naming its October aperitif creation. Here are the details plus various bottles of ginger brandy to taste and mix.
The no-name drink features the award-winning Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur ($30/€21), a blend of "fine eau de vie, VSOP and XO Grande Champagne Cognacs, fresh Tahitian vanilla beans, Provencal honey and Tunisian ginseng" infused with French Indochine baby ginger.
Here is the recipe:
1.25 oz. Campari
1 oz Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur
½ oz Stirrings Blood Orange Bitters
Soda, to fill
Lemon twist, to garnish
Some names on the list so far include: Curious George, Autumn Equinox, Serial Killer, Canton Clipper and Lady Marmalade. If you think you can do better, submit your idea at: http://www.bourbonblog.com/blog/2010/10/03/the-aperitif-with-no-name/
Additionally, here are some ginger-infused liqueurs to taste:
- GE Massenez Crème de Gingebre (AU$54/€38)
- Mohawk Extra Sharp Ginger Brandy ($16/€11)
- The King's Ginger Liqueur (£23/€26)
- Tambourine Mountain Distillery Ginger Liqueur (AU$47/€33)
- Loft Spicy Ginger Cello Organic Liqueur ($33/€24)
- Dekuper Ginger flavored brandy ($13/€9)
- Mr. Boston Ginger flavored brandy ($20/€14)
- Giffard Ginger of the Indies Liqueur (£20/€23)
- Homer's Ginger Cordial (N/A)
And, gingery cocktails with names to try:
- The Orient Express: http://cocktails.about.com/od/cocktailrecipes/r/orient_express.htm
- Ginger Snap: http://www.ehow.com/how_4615176_christmas-cocktails-ginger-snap.html
- 50+ cocktails: http://www.barnonedrinks.com/drinks/by_ingredient/d/domaine-de-canton-ginger-liqueur-3451.html and http://www.barnonedrinks.com/drinks/by_ingredient/l/loft-spicy-ginger-liqueur-9234.html
Life & Style blogs
'Timeless fashion': It may be a paradox, but the industry loves it
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New exhibition celebrates the evolution of swimwear
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Teenager tries to buy elderly homeless man breakfast at McDonald's but is told homeless people cannot be served under 'new policy'
- 1 Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
- 2 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 3 Art Garfunkel calls Paul Simon a 'monster' with a Napoleon complex
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...