Celebrate legendary entertainer’s birthday with five courses
Tuesday 01 June 2010
Jean Claude and Jarry Baker, the sons of Josephine Baker, the legendary singer, dancer and actress, along with Zagat, the oldest crowd-sourcing dining guide, are inviting you to enjoy a five-course dinner to pay tribute to their mother on June 3 at Chez Josephine in New York City.
Josephine Baker (1906-1975), also known as the "Bronze Venus" and "La Baker," opened the original Chez Josephine bistro/supper club in Paris in 1926, and her son Jean Claude has run the New York City location since 1986. Her sons will be serving some of their mother's favorite dishes while celebrating her ‘joie de vivre' by sharing memories of her life.
The dinner will be accompanied with music from Sarah McLawer and Jean Davis. For one night enjoy a bygone era, give tribute and savor this menu:
- Gougères (French cheese puff) with foie gras mousse
- Choice of: French onion soup or Jumbo lump crab cake
- Grapefruit sorbet infused with Grey Goose vodka
- Choice of: Pan-seared Alaska halibut with vegetable couscous, lobster emulsion; Crispy duck confit with spinach, sweet potato puree; or Rack of lamb with summer bean salad and applewood-smoked bacon
- Profiteroles au chocolat (Tahitian vanilla ice cream filled cream puffs with hot chocolate sauce) and Petits fours, coffee and tea
The menu is $75 (€61) per person and does not include gratuity, beverages or tax. For more information and to reserve a table, go to: http://www.chezjosephine.com
Life & Style blogs
10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
- 1 'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
- 3 Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...