Celebrate legendary entertainer’s birthday with five courses
Tuesday 01 June 2010
Jean Claude and Jarry Baker, the sons of Josephine Baker, the legendary singer, dancer and actress, along with Zagat, the oldest crowd-sourcing dining guide, are inviting you to enjoy a five-course dinner to pay tribute to their mother on June 3 at Chez Josephine in New York City.
Josephine Baker (1906-1975), also known as the "Bronze Venus" and "La Baker," opened the original Chez Josephine bistro/supper club in Paris in 1926, and her son Jean Claude has run the New York City location since 1986. Her sons will be serving some of their mother's favorite dishes while celebrating her ‘joie de vivre' by sharing memories of her life.
The dinner will be accompanied with music from Sarah McLawer and Jean Davis. For one night enjoy a bygone era, give tribute and savor this menu:
- Gougères (French cheese puff) with foie gras mousse
- Choice of: French onion soup or Jumbo lump crab cake
- Grapefruit sorbet infused with Grey Goose vodka
- Choice of: Pan-seared Alaska halibut with vegetable couscous, lobster emulsion; Crispy duck confit with spinach, sweet potato puree; or Rack of lamb with summer bean salad and applewood-smoked bacon
- Profiteroles au chocolat (Tahitian vanilla ice cream filled cream puffs with hot chocolate sauce) and Petits fours, coffee and tea
The menu is $75 (€61) per person and does not include gratuity, beverages or tax. For more information and to reserve a table, go to: http://www.chezjosephine.com
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...