Celebrate legendary entertainer’s birthday with five courses
Tuesday 01 June 2010
Jean Claude and Jarry Baker, the sons of Josephine Baker, the legendary singer, dancer and actress, along with Zagat, the oldest crowd-sourcing dining guide, are inviting you to enjoy a five-course dinner to pay tribute to their mother on June 3 at Chez Josephine in New York City.
Josephine Baker (1906-1975), also known as the "Bronze Venus" and "La Baker," opened the original Chez Josephine bistro/supper club in Paris in 1926, and her son Jean Claude has run the New York City location since 1986. Her sons will be serving some of their mother's favorite dishes while celebrating her ‘joie de vivre' by sharing memories of her life.
The dinner will be accompanied with music from Sarah McLawer and Jean Davis. For one night enjoy a bygone era, give tribute and savor this menu:
- Gougères (French cheese puff) with foie gras mousse
- Choice of: French onion soup or Jumbo lump crab cake
- Grapefruit sorbet infused with Grey Goose vodka
- Choice of: Pan-seared Alaska halibut with vegetable couscous, lobster emulsion; Crispy duck confit with spinach, sweet potato puree; or Rack of lamb with summer bean salad and applewood-smoked bacon
- Profiteroles au chocolat (Tahitian vanilla ice cream filled cream puffs with hot chocolate sauce) and Petits fours, coffee and tea
The menu is $75 (€61) per person and does not include gratuity, beverages or tax. For more information and to reserve a table, go to: http://www.chezjosephine.com
Life & Style blogs
International Kissing Day: Why it feels good
World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 3 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 4 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
- 5 The Greece debt crisis explained in less than 100 words
iJobs Food & Drink
£7 per hour: Recruitment Genius: To work within the Visitor Experience Departm...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...