Celebrate legendary entertainer’s birthday with five courses
Tuesday 01 June 2010
Jean Claude and Jarry Baker, the sons of Josephine Baker, the legendary singer, dancer and actress, along with Zagat, the oldest crowd-sourcing dining guide, are inviting you to enjoy a five-course dinner to pay tribute to their mother on June 3 at Chez Josephine in New York City.
Josephine Baker (1906-1975), also known as the "Bronze Venus" and "La Baker," opened the original Chez Josephine bistro/supper club in Paris in 1926, and her son Jean Claude has run the New York City location since 1986. Her sons will be serving some of their mother's favorite dishes while celebrating her ‘joie de vivre' by sharing memories of her life.
The dinner will be accompanied with music from Sarah McLawer and Jean Davis. For one night enjoy a bygone era, give tribute and savor this menu:
- Gougères (French cheese puff) with foie gras mousse
- Choice of: French onion soup or Jumbo lump crab cake
- Grapefruit sorbet infused with Grey Goose vodka
- Choice of: Pan-seared Alaska halibut with vegetable couscous, lobster emulsion; Crispy duck confit with spinach, sweet potato puree; or Rack of lamb with summer bean salad and applewood-smoked bacon
- Profiteroles au chocolat (Tahitian vanilla ice cream filled cream puffs with hot chocolate sauce) and Petits fours, coffee and tea
The menu is $75 (€61) per person and does not include gratuity, beverages or tax. For more information and to reserve a table, go to: http://www.chezjosephine.com
Life & Style blogs
The Evil Within preview: a survival horror fan’s best worst nightmare
Porn film production likely to stop in Los Angeles after actor tests positive for HIV
The 3D-printed key that can unlock anything
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...