Don't just eat dinner - wear it
Sunday 13 February 2011
If you really loved your meal at one New York restaurant, you can now walk out with the skin of the animal you ate.
Marlow & Sons, an eaterie in the city's trendy Williamsburg neighborhood, wants clients to be able to remember their meals forever by purchasing items such as bags made from the hide of cows and other animals served up from the kitchen.
"We want something people could enjoy beyond their dinner," Kate Huling, wife of the owner, told AFP. "They come in, they eat, they leave and usually think of something else. So the bags really preserve and honor that animal."
Belts, wallet and hats and sweaters using wool and rabbit fur will also be on offer once the animal in question has been eaten.
The idea will be a boon for struggling local tanneries and the New York fashion industry, Huling said.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Bad cattitude: Family call police after crazed and 'hostile cat with a history of violence' attacks baby before attempting to 'flee custody'
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: Opportunity for a B...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Flight Centre Bus...
£16000 - £27000 per annum + Commission + Award-Winning Benefits): Flight Centr...