Don't just eat dinner - wear it
Sunday 13 February 2011
If you really loved your meal at one New York restaurant, you can now walk out with the skin of the animal you ate.
Marlow & Sons, an eaterie in the city's trendy Williamsburg neighborhood, wants clients to be able to remember their meals forever by purchasing items such as bags made from the hide of cows and other animals served up from the kitchen.
"We want something people could enjoy beyond their dinner," Kate Huling, wife of the owner, told AFP. "They come in, they eat, they leave and usually think of something else. So the bags really preserve and honor that animal."
Belts, wallet and hats and sweaters using wool and rabbit fur will also be on offer once the animal in question has been eaten.
The idea will be a boon for struggling local tanneries and the New York fashion industry, Huling said.
Life & Style blogs
Is it the end of the road for three-point turn in driving test?
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Black Friday: best UK tech deals on iPads, Macs, PS4 and more
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 1 School playground evacuated over 'unusually aggressive' grey squirrel
- 2 Hollywood actor Mickey Rourke beats opponent 33 years his junior in exhibition boxing match
- 3 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 4 Today was a bad day for renters, landlords, and democracy
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
iJobs Food & Drink
£31000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the UK, the major project fo...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: Are you a high achieving...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: A rapidly growing Hotel ...
£15000 - £16800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Tyre Technician / Mechanic is...