Don't just eat dinner - wear it
Sunday 13 February 2011
If you really loved your meal at one New York restaurant, you can now walk out with the skin of the animal you ate.
Marlow & Sons, an eaterie in the city's trendy Williamsburg neighborhood, wants clients to be able to remember their meals forever by purchasing items such as bags made from the hide of cows and other animals served up from the kitchen.
"We want something people could enjoy beyond their dinner," Kate Huling, wife of the owner, told AFP. "They come in, they eat, they leave and usually think of something else. So the bags really preserve and honor that animal."
Belts, wallet and hats and sweaters using wool and rabbit fur will also be on offer once the animal in question has been eaten.
The idea will be a boon for struggling local tanneries and the New York fashion industry, Huling said.
Life & Style blogs
The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
Prostate cancer could actually be five different diseases, say scientists
Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge price to be slashed after disappointing sales
NHS treatments such as vasectomies and hip operations to be rationed because of cost-cutting
Hermes responds to Jane Birkin’s request to drop her name from the iconic handbag
- 1 Cara Delevigne addresses awkward interview on Good Day Sacramento
- 2 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 3 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 4 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 5 MH370 debris: Investigators 'confident' that Boeing 777 wing found - live updates
iJobs Food & Drink
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...
£17600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum cares for one of the largest...
£12500 - £24500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Drivers wanted for a family run...