Drinks: Christmas drinks quiz
Saturday 09 January 1993
Congratulations to the many successful entrants in our Christmas drinks quiz. The first name out of the postbag with all answers correct was Lois Burchell of Ashtead, Surrey, who wins a case of 12 bottles of Louis Roederer Brut Premier champagne. Our six runners-up, who each win a 1993 edition of Webster's Wine Guide, include two of our regular correspondents: Graham Sheffield of Muswell Hill, north London, and J Andrews of Rayleigh, Essex. The other runners-up were: Ian Eagle of Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire; L E Gorsuch of Bexhill, East Sussex; Tim Hall from Hornsey Lane, London N6 and B C Gould of Newport-on-Tay, Fife.
The correct answers were: 1 (b). 2 (c). 3 (c). 4 (c). 5 (a). 6 (b). 7 (a). 8 (c). 9 (c). 10 (a). 11 (b). 12 (b). 13 (c). 14 (a). 15 (a). 16 (b). 17 (c). 18 (b). 19 (c). 20 (b).
Life & Style blogs
Charlie Charlie Challenge: everyone on the internet thinks it’s a marketing stunt, but it probably isn’t
Big knickers are back: Thongs ain't what they used to be
Woman jailed for making 'loud sex noises'
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Windows 10: apps and features killed off as Microsoft reveals limits of new operating system
- 1 Man on naked bike ride gets ejected after becoming aroused
- 2 Caitlyn Jenner's mother Ester thought her daughter, formerly known as Bruce Jenner, had transitioned for money
- 3 Charles Kennedy 1959-2015: A gifted, compassionate politician whose career was cut short by the 'demon drink' - latest news
- 4 Ann Summers survey reveals the UK's favourite sex position
- 5 Ayyan Ali: Pakistan's top model now appears in the courtroom rather than on the catwalk
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...