Drool-worthy tips on new Paris foodie website
Friday 25 June 2010
Free wine tastings, the city's best baguettes; 12 over-fed Paris-based food and wine writers on Thursday announced the launch of a free collaborative foodie website, http://parisbymouth.com.
Billed as "a different kind of guide", the group take food writing scattered across the web and filter out what they consider "junk" to help food addicts follow the latest trends and find the best spots for wining and dining in Paris.
"We have collectively written thousands of articles about eating in Paris and nearly 40 books about food and wine," said the collective, notably featuring Patricia Wells, Clotilde Dusoulier (Chocolate & Zucchine) and Dorie Greenspan - the last two ranked among the world's 50 best food blogs.
Led by Meg Zimbeck and Barbra Austin, the group also includes Alexander Lobrano (Hungry for Paris), Christophe Wakim (Chrisoscope), John Talbott (John Talbott's Paris), Julian Tort (Julot: Ze Blog), Phyllis Flick (Paris Notebook), Sophie Brissaud (Chez Ptipois), and Wendy Lyn (The Paris Kitchen).
"Our desire was to put lots of good information in one place," Zimbeck told AFP.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Paris Fashion Week: Skirting the issue for the stylish boys' brigade
'Stiff upper lip stoicism' keeps people with cancer symptoms away from GP
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
'Cigarettes, whisky, and wild, wild women'
- 1 Benedict Cumberbatch says Hollywood is better for black British actors
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Warriors in ancient Iraq suffered Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder more than 3,000 years ago, say researchers
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Technician - Y...