Famed chef to open first restaurant in the US
Monday 05 October 2009
One of the most esteemed chefs in the world, Pierre Gagnaire, will open Twist restaurant in Las Vegas on December 4, his first restaurant in the US.
Chef Pierre Gagnaire is one of the few three-star Michelin chefs who had yet to open a restaurant in the US, according to daily newspaper The New York Times.
Gagnaire is considered a pioneer of the fusion cuisine movement which favored an innovative mixing of cusines from different parts of the world at the expense of more traditional menus.
Twist's menu will not debut until the opening of the new Mandarin Oriental Hotel but it will infuse classic French cuisine with a modern spin, according to the chef.
Twist will open December 4 in the new establishment, currently under construction in Las Vegas, which is part of the $8.5 billion (€5.8 billion) CityCenter development. The restaurant will have 74 seats at its location on the 23rd floor of the 47-storey non-gambling hotel.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 3 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...