After fears about mackerel sustainability, try our superchefs' alternatives
From spiced sardines to avocado and anchovy salad
The Marine Conservation Society may have removed mackerel from its “fish to eat” list after a dispute about overfishing, but there are still plenty of other oily fish in the sea.
From spiced sardines to avocado and anchovy salad, we’ve trawled The Independent’s recipe archive to bring you best recipes around.
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
food + drinkHow one grocery e-tailer is gearing up for the Yuletide rush
food + drink
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...