After fears about mackerel sustainability, try our superchefs' alternatives
From spiced sardines to avocado and anchovy salad
The Marine Conservation Society may have removed mackerel from its “fish to eat” list after a dispute about overfishing, but there are still plenty of other oily fish in the sea.
From spiced sardines to avocado and anchovy salad, we’ve trawled The Independent’s recipe archive to bring you best recipes around.
Life & Style blogs
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
The 10 Best kitchen knives
It’s a pizza! And a cake!! What’s not to like? (The calories)
Angus Steakhouse: How does tourist staple continue to thrive in today's gourmet market?
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 'Natural' energy drink banned for containing erectile dysfunction drug
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Kingdom Tower: Construction of 1km high new world’s tallest building to begin next week in Saudi Arabia
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...