Bill Granger recipe: Cavolo nero and courgette soup with chickpeas
Sunday 05 January 2014
This soup ticks all the boxes: warming, flavoursome, wholesome and revitalising.
1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
2 courgettes, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
¼ tsp crushed chillies, plus extra to serve
1 litre good-quality chicken or vegetable stock
300g cavolo nero, stalks removed and shredded
400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Freshly grated Parmesan, to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-low heat. Add the courgettes, garlic, onion and chillies. Season with salt and cover. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes until tender.
Pour in the stock, increase the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Whiz with a hand-held blender until smooth. Bring back to the boil and add the cavolo nero and chickpeas.
Simmer for 5 minutes. Ladle into bowls and top with grated Parmesan, extra crushed chillies and a drizzle of olive oil.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Anti-depressants can change how the brain works in just hours
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
The 'Angelina Jolie effect': Her mastectomy revelation doubled NHS breast cancer testing referrals
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...