Bill Granger recipe: Cavolo nero, blood orange, spelt and almond salad
Sunday 05 January 2014
There's nothing fancy about this salad; just beautiful, simple ingredients brought together with care.
200g cavolo nero, stalks removed and chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of ½ orange
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp caster sugar
2 blood oranges, peeled and torn into chunks
65g almonds, sliced
Cook the spelt according to packet instructions and drain. Set aside. Place the chopped cavolo nero in a bowl with the lemon and orange juice, olive oil, salt and sugar. Toss well and set aside for at least 15 minutes.
To serve, tip the warm spelt into the cavolo nero. Add the orange and almonds and toss well. Serve warm or at room temperature.
World's most lethal spider found under a bunch of bananas
Rumours that the star wants to move on to pastures new
Comedian says he 'never laughed as hard as I have writing with Rik'
Life & Style blogs
Soylent: Could a slug of nutritionally engineered sludge ever replace the leisurely meal?
Cara Delevingne photographed naked by Mario Testino for Allure magazine
Dear young men: The old stereotypes of what it is to be a 'man' are a load of rubbish
What lies beneath La Perla's 60 years of luxury lingerie?
Japan approves construction of maglev bullet train that will travel 178 miles in 40 minutes
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientists who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Ebola outbreak: What is bushmeat – and is it to blame for the disease that has killed thousands?
- 3 Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' by Antiques Roadshow's Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
- 4 Meet Thea, Norway's 12-year-old child bride
- 5 Russell Brand might seem like a sexy revolutionary worth getting behind, but he will only fail his fans
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 50k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a SCRUM Master to joi...
£13,520: Recruitment Genius: As this role can be customer facing at times, the...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A successful entertainment, even...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A fantastic opportunity h...