Bill Granger recipe: Cavolo nero, blood orange, spelt and almond salad
Sunday 05 January 2014
There's nothing fancy about this salad; just beautiful, simple ingredients brought together with care.
200g cavolo nero, stalks removed and chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of ½ orange
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp caster sugar
2 blood oranges, peeled and torn into chunks
65g almonds, sliced
Cook the spelt according to packet instructions and drain. Set aside. Place the chopped cavolo nero in a bowl with the lemon and orange juice, olive oil, salt and sugar. Toss well and set aside for at least 15 minutes.
To serve, tip the warm spelt into the cavolo nero. Add the orange and almonds and toss well. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...