Bill Granger recipe: Mac & Cheese
Sunday 16 March 2014
200g baby spinach
300ml crème fraîche
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp cayenne pepper
200g gruyère cheese, grated
100g Parmesan, grated
100g coarse fresh breadcrumbs
1 tbsp olive oil
Preheat the grill. Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
Stir in the spinach, crème fraîche, garlic, mustard, cayenne, gruyère and half the Parmesan, until well combined.
Spoon into an oven-proof dish. Combine the breadcrumbs with the olive oil and remaining Parmesan. Use to top the pasta.
Grill for about 5 minutes until golden and bubbling.
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Boxing Day sales: The best fashion deals
Victoria Beckham's clothing sales double to £30 million in one year
'Tis the season!: Google celebrates Christmas Eve with second animated Doodle
Christmas 2014: Jesus was not born in a stable, says theologian
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Hip hop is both racial and political, and for Iggy Azalea to suggest otherwise is insulting
- 5 Man hospitalised with pneumonia after downing eggnog at office Christmas party
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...