Bill Granger recipe: Mac & Cheese
Sunday 16 March 2014
200g baby spinach
300ml crème fraîche
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp cayenne pepper
200g gruyère cheese, grated
100g Parmesan, grated
100g coarse fresh breadcrumbs
1 tbsp olive oil
Preheat the grill. Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
Stir in the spinach, crème fraîche, garlic, mustard, cayenne, gruyère and half the Parmesan, until well combined.
Spoon into an oven-proof dish. Combine the breadcrumbs with the olive oil and remaining Parmesan. Use to top the pasta.
Grill for about 5 minutes until golden and bubbling.
Life & Style blogs
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
The big fresh food con: Alarming truth behind the chocolate muffin that won't decay
From criminal to catwalk: Convict Jeremy Meeks wins modelling contract in the most unusual fashion scouting – behind bars
Holi: Festival of colours honoured with Google Doodle – here's what you need to know about the celebration
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 3 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 GamerGate: developer Tim Schafer provokes rage with joke about online gaming activists at industry awards
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful, family owned m...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to the consistent growth of...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ex...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ou...