Bill Granger recipe: Mac & Cheese
Sunday 16 March 2014
200g baby spinach
300ml crème fraîche
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp cayenne pepper
200g gruyère cheese, grated
100g Parmesan, grated
100g coarse fresh breadcrumbs
1 tbsp olive oil
Preheat the grill. Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
Stir in the spinach, crème fraîche, garlic, mustard, cayenne, gruyère and half the Parmesan, until well combined.
Spoon into an oven-proof dish. Combine the breadcrumbs with the olive oil and remaining Parmesan. Use to top the pasta.
Grill for about 5 minutes until golden and bubbling.
Life & Style blogs
Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
Snapchat got rid of the Best Friends feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Hershey's angers US chocolate purists by forcing company to stop importing 'yummy' Cadbury bars
Food secrets: the good, the bad...and the faeces
Pot of gold: tasting the world’s most expensive tea
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
iJobs Food & Drink
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...