Bill Granger recipe: Miso, curly kale and kabocha pumpkin
Serves 4 as a main or 6 as a side dish
Sunday 05 January 2014
This makes a great side-dish for teriyaki chicken, or serve it as a main with brown rice or buckwheat noodles.
600g Kabocha pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp caster sugar
250g curly kale, larger leaves torn
1 tbsp white miso paste
Brown rice or buckwheat noodles, to serve
Put the pumpkin in a large frying pan and add the soy, sugar and 500ml of water.
Bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the kale, cover with a lid and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender.
Stir the miso paste into the broth. Serve with the rice or noodles.
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Victoria Beckham's clothing sales double to £30 million in one year
GTA 5: Christmas arrives in Los Santos as update brings snowball fights, festive jumpers and a homing missile launcher
'Tis the season!: Google celebrates Christmas Eve with second animated Doodle
Christmas 2014: Jesus was not born in a stable, says theologian
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 Northern Lights above Britain: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 New route to Mars could make manned mission much cheaper and easier
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...