Bites: A dream of picnics and ice-cream
Sunday 21 December 2008
So many reasons to dream of summer, but the Benugo brothers Ben and Hugo Warner's soon-to-open restaurant, the Serpentine Bar and Kitchen in London's Hyde Park, currently tops the list. Alongside a modern British menu, there will be an old-fashioned ice-cream van parked outside, the "Benugo Pod" (for late-night drinks and snacks) as well as – our fave – bespoke picnic packages.
Also warming is Skylon's new "Liquid Menu" (pictured), a three-course cocktail/ canapé extravaganza that features a cocktail starter of lingonberry syrup, cognac and champagne, served with a bite of venison carpaccio and Cabernet Sauvignon dressing, while the main course is a chilled martini glass of fresh rosemary and Tanqueray gin, maraschino liquor, lemon juice, lychee and egg white, with warm smoked salmon and fennel.
Equally experimental is the Brussels sprout ice-cream (served with cranberry and turkey foams) now on the menu at Vivat Bacchus's London Bridge restaurant. We're all for the Christmas spirit, but really...
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Star Wars BB-8 droid toy is real, should be impossible
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
iJobs Food & Drink
£22000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£7500 - £10000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness chai...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Marketing / Digital Marketing Executive (CRM, Eve...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...