Bites: A dream of picnics and ice-cream
Sunday 21 December 2008
So many reasons to dream of summer, but the Benugo brothers Ben and Hugo Warner's soon-to-open restaurant, the Serpentine Bar and Kitchen in London's Hyde Park, currently tops the list. Alongside a modern British menu, there will be an old-fashioned ice-cream van parked outside, the "Benugo Pod" (for late-night drinks and snacks) as well as – our fave – bespoke picnic packages.
Also warming is Skylon's new "Liquid Menu" (pictured), a three-course cocktail/ canapé extravaganza that features a cocktail starter of lingonberry syrup, cognac and champagne, served with a bite of venison carpaccio and Cabernet Sauvignon dressing, while the main course is a chilled martini glass of fresh rosemary and Tanqueray gin, maraschino liquor, lemon juice, lychee and egg white, with warm smoked salmon and fennel.
Equally experimental is the Brussels sprout ice-cream (served with cranberry and turkey foams) now on the menu at Vivat Bacchus's London Bridge restaurant. We're all for the Christmas spirit, but really...
Life & Style blogs
The Evil Within preview: a survival horror fan’s best worst nightmare
Porn film production likely to stop after performer tests positive for HIV
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 4 George Galloway attacked on Notting Hill street by man 'shouting about the holocaust'
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...