Bites: All kidding firmly aside
Sunday 29 March 2009
Any parent who has tried to dine with a child hanging from their neck will know that eating and offspring don't mix. However, a number of eateries have cottoned on to the fact that a happy sprog makes for a happy parent and are looking for ways to occupy the inner foodie in children.
The Cookbook Café at London's InterContinental has just launched a brunch with kid's cookery school Cookie Crumbles. So while the parents tuck into the champagne, the kids are whisked away to the kitchen.
At London's Tate galleries, children eat for free when an adult orders two courses during the Easter break, while there are new kids' menus at Kensington's Park Terrace and Chelsea's Bluebird Restaurant, where the delights include vine-tomato bruschetta and fruit kebabs.
If all that still sounds too much of a hassle you could always cart them off to Lucy Cooks cookery school in Cumbria, which runs classes for children from the age of six ( www.lucycooks.co.uk). It's never too soon to get 'em started.
Life & Style blogs
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
A nap a day could save your life
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
Windows 10 automatically sends parents detailed dossier of their children's internet history and computer use
The antidote to Tinder? Majority of dating app users want relationship, rather than hook-ups, study finds
- 1 Barbarians vs Samoa interrupted by sprinklers as fans criticise lack of Wi-Fi and poor seating at West Ham's Olympic Stadium
- 2 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 3 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 4 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 5 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Real finally get their man with £29m bid for Manchester United goalkeeper
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...