Bites: Glastonbury's real headline act will be the food
Sunday 21 June 2009
There are several popular myths about the Glastonbury Festival. That the loos will overflow; that it will rain and turn into a quagmire; and that the food will be ghastly.
Well, Bites can't say whether the first two will be myth or reality, but the third sure ain't true... this year, at least. Sharpham Park, purveyors of good things made from spelt (a super-healthy wheat alternative), will have a stall selling cereals, bars, burgers in buns and pies for hungry tent-dwellers (and, we suspect, a few refugees from the backstage Winnebagos). And if the humble grain isn't good enough, the burgers and pie-fillings are made from rare-breed beef, lamb and venison.
We think Roger Saul, the man behind the brand, who lives at Sharpham Park farm – right near the festival site – and oversees his products very closely, should be applauded for such a tasty green venture.
You can tell him yourself if you're Glasto-bound this week. Saul and his family will be the ones dishing out the Sharpham goodies...
Life & Style blogs
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
NHS medics are being lured away to Australia by more money, status and sunshine, survey suggests
Mac OS X Yosemite download: How to get the open beta of Apple's latest operating system
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 1 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
- 4 Exclusive: Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...