Bites: Glastonbury's real headline act will be the food
Sunday 21 June 2009
There are several popular myths about the Glastonbury Festival. That the loos will overflow; that it will rain and turn into a quagmire; and that the food will be ghastly.
Well, Bites can't say whether the first two will be myth or reality, but the third sure ain't true... this year, at least. Sharpham Park, purveyors of good things made from spelt (a super-healthy wheat alternative), will have a stall selling cereals, bars, burgers in buns and pies for hungry tent-dwellers (and, we suspect, a few refugees from the backstage Winnebagos). And if the humble grain isn't good enough, the burgers and pie-fillings are made from rare-breed beef, lamb and venison.
We think Roger Saul, the man behind the brand, who lives at Sharpham Park farm – right near the festival site – and oversees his products very closely, should be applauded for such a tasty green venture.
You can tell him yourself if you're Glasto-bound this week. Saul and his family will be the ones dishing out the Sharpham goodies...
Life & Style blogs
What is Lyme disease, what are the symptoms and is treatment readily available?
International Kissing Day: Why it feels good
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
- 4 The Greece debt crisis explained in less than 100 words
- 5 Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of interview after being asked about possible sale of Manchester United target Sergio Ramos
iJobs Food & Drink
£7 per hour: Recruitment Genius: To work within the Visitor Experience Departm...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...