Bites: Glastonbury's real headline act will be the food
There are several popular myths about the Glastonbury Festival. That the loos will overflow; that it will rain and turn into a quagmire; and that the food will be ghastly.
Well, Bites can't say whether the first two will be myth or reality, but the third sure ain't true... this year, at least. Sharpham Park, purveyors of good things made from spelt (a super-healthy wheat alternative), will have a stall selling cereals, bars, burgers in buns and pies for hungry tent-dwellers (and, we suspect, a few refugees from the backstage Winnebagos). And if the humble grain isn't good enough, the burgers and pie-fillings are made from rare-breed beef, lamb and venison.
We think Roger Saul, the man behind the brand, who lives at Sharpham Park farm – right near the festival site – and oversees his products very closely, should be applauded for such a tasty green venture.
You can tell him yourself if you're Glasto-bound this week. Saul and his family will be the ones dishing out the Sharpham goodies...
Life & Style blogs
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
iJobs Food & Drink
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working on international markets without ge...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£40000 - £60000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£18000 - £35000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits & Uncapped Comm: Flight Cen...