Bites: Sir Terence goes beyond a Boundary
Sunday 04 January 2009
Against the economic odds, restaurant openings were up at the end of last year, which bodes well for a gastronomically fruitful 2009. What's on the cards? Sir Terence Conran has been busy, having set up shop in Shoreditch, where The Boundary, his stylish new enterprise, opens this month featuring a café, restaurant, rooftop cocktail bar and rooms. Meanwhile, the Michelin star-collecting Claudio Pulze is opening Osteria Dell'Angolo in Westminster, serving classic Tuscan cuisine from the Valdarnese Valley under chef (and Valley native) Michele Brogi. In March, music fans may be cursing Masterchef's John Torode, who is turning former east London gig venue The Spitz into game-peddling café-bar The Luxe.
Finally, when will Marco Pierre White's erstwhile Mirabelle (where Johnny Depp once reportedly ordered a £30,000 bottle of wine) finally re-open under fashion entrepreneur Joseph Ettedgui, whose credentials include having managed Le Caprice in the 1980s? Soon please!
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Madonna claims jokes about her age tantamount to racism: 'No one would dare to say a degrading remark about being black'
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...