Bites: Take pot luck on lunch
Sunday 10 May 2009
Next week is, apparently, National Vegetarian Week. It seems a bit daft to separate bean-munchers from the rest of the nation's foodies in this day and age, but marketing folk love a "week". In fact, being a vegetarian makes you ahead of the curve in 2009: grocery bills are less stratospheric, and whether or not swine flu has anything to do with pork, you won't be pining for sausages come BBQ time...
Quick to capitalise is a new brand called Pick Me. Pick being what you do to vegetables and, oh, you get the idea. The four chill/heat pots (chilli, curry, masala and mock shepherd's pie) have cutesy names we won't repeat here, but they taste really rather good, and office drones bored of sarnies need a change. ......... Innocent, meanwhile, does six Veg Pots that have carbs as well as veg. And both Innocent and Pick Me deliver two or three of the required five-a-day. So it's farewell to the ham sandwich forever...
Pick Me, £3.29 (Tesco); Veg Pots, £3.49 (Waitrose)
Life & Style blogs
New £3 pill that will help stop you drinking too much available on the NHS
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Revealed: Lidl’s £4 perfume smells identical to Chanel’s £70 scent - but the difference is in the bottle
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
iJobs Food & Drink
£55000 - £65000 per annum: Investigo: My client, a global leader in their fiel...
£45000 - £52000 per annum + bonus+bens : Investigo: My client, a global leader...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...
25,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: CRM Executive – Global Travel Brand – Luto...