Cocktail class: How to make perfect caipirinhas
Saturday 24 May 2014
An ice-cold caipirinha is the perfect drink to make your pre-match World Cup party go with a swing.
Here, Richard Woods from Sushi Samba reveals his step-by-step guide to making Brazil's national cocktail...
1. You will need: A lime; 50ml white cachaça; 15ml sugar syrup; freshly-cut sugar cane for the garnish; crushed ice to serve
2. Remove some of the rind to release the aroma
3. Halve and then third the lime
4. Muddle four of the lime pieces
5. Pour a small measure of sugar syrup
6. Add it to the lime
7. Pour a large measure of cachaça
8. Pour in glass and mix with some ice
9. Fill the rest of the glass with ice
10. Garnish with the remaining lime and the sugar cane
11. Serve. Saude!
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Scottish salmon sales leap as Asia develops a taste
Grim second life of the 'breastaurant': The oft-loathed sector is booming in the States thanks to Hooters, Twin Peaks and Tilted Kilt
Health: When masturbation can be fatal: The practice of auto-erotic asphyxia is often concealed by a coroner's verdict. Monique Roffey looks at a lethal taboo
- 1 The political parties aren't all the same – which means 2015 will be a 'big-choice' election
- 2 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...