Cocktail class: How to make perfect caipirinhas
Saturday 24 May 2014
An ice-cold caipirinha is the perfect drink to make your pre-match World Cup party go with a swing.
Here, Richard Woods from Sushi Samba reveals his step-by-step guide to making Brazil's national cocktail...
1. You will need: A lime; 50ml white cachaça; 15ml sugar syrup; freshly-cut sugar cane for the garnish; crushed ice to serve
2. Remove some of the rind to release the aroma
3. Halve and then third the lime
4. Muddle four of the lime pieces
5. Pour a small measure of sugar syrup
6. Add it to the lime
7. Pour a large measure of cachaça
8. Pour in glass and mix with some ice
9. Fill the rest of the glass with ice
10. Garnish with the remaining lime and the sugar cane
11. Serve. Saude!
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 5 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour
iJobs Food & Drink
£15310 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a...
£24000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Situated in the heart of Bradfo...
£18750 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Hotel in Chadderton is a popular ch...
£Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing and Co...