Cocktail class: How to make perfect caipirinhas
Saturday 24 May 2014
An ice-cold caipirinha is the perfect drink to make your pre-match World Cup party go with a swing.
Here, Richard Woods from Sushi Samba reveals his step-by-step guide to making Brazil's national cocktail...
1. You will need: A lime; 50ml white cachaça; 15ml sugar syrup; freshly-cut sugar cane for the garnish; crushed ice to serve
2. Remove some of the rind to release the aroma
3. Halve and then third the lime
4. Muddle four of the lime pieces
5. Pour a small measure of sugar syrup
6. Add it to the lime
7. Pour a large measure of cachaça
8. Pour in glass and mix with some ice
9. Fill the rest of the glass with ice
10. Garnish with the remaining lime and the sugar cane
11. Serve. Saude!
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...