Cocktail class: How to make perfect caipirinhas
Saturday 24 May 2014
An ice-cold caipirinha is the perfect drink to make your pre-match World Cup party go with a swing.
Here, Richard Woods from Sushi Samba reveals his step-by-step guide to making Brazil's national cocktail...
1. You will need: A lime; 50ml white cachaça; 15ml sugar syrup; freshly-cut sugar cane for the garnish; crushed ice to serve
2. Remove some of the rind to release the aroma
3. Halve and then third the lime
4. Muddle four of the lime pieces
5. Pour a small measure of sugar syrup
6. Add it to the lime
7. Pour a large measure of cachaça
8. Pour in glass and mix with some ice
9. Fill the rest of the glass with ice
10. Garnish with the remaining lime and the sugar cane
11. Serve. Saude!
Life & Style blogs
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
Doctors tell Treasury of their anger at rejection of pay reviews
Jeremy Hunt to reform hospital parking rules
Victoria’s Secret says tickets for the London fashion show are not for 'sale' - but seats are still available for £10k
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 West poised to join forces with President Assad in face of Islamic State
- 3 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
- 4 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 5 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...