Cocktail class: How to make perfect caipirinhas
Saturday 24 May 2014
An ice-cold caipirinha is the perfect drink to make your pre-match World Cup party go with a swing.
Here, Richard Woods from Sushi Samba reveals his step-by-step guide to making Brazil's national cocktail...
1. You will need: A lime; 50ml white cachaça; 15ml sugar syrup; freshly-cut sugar cane for the garnish; crushed ice to serve
2. Remove some of the rind to release the aroma
3. Halve and then third the lime
4. Muddle four of the lime pieces
5. Pour a small measure of sugar syrup
6. Add it to the lime
7. Pour a large measure of cachaça
8. Pour in glass and mix with some ice
9. Fill the rest of the glass with ice
10. Garnish with the remaining lime and the sugar cane
11. Serve. Saude!
Life & Style blogs
The psychology of flirtation: how to know when someone's interested
YouTube star Loey Lane hits back at hateful comments about ‘fat girls in bikinis’ and how plus-size women promote obesity
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Tunisian builder has been hailed a hero after knocking gunman to the ground with roof tiles
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 E.L James's #AskELJames Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned
iJobs Food & Drink
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...
£25000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£25K + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Plumber / Mainten...