1. '1080 Recipes' by Simone and Ines Ortega (Phaidon Press), 15.99
This is the definitive guide to every good Spanish recipe, with a whopping 800 pages.
2. MicroPlane cheese graters, coarse or fine, 18 each
I use these the whole time. They're a lot easier than most graters. Just make sure you handwash them.
Tel: 08456 049 049, www.johnlewis.com
3. Suminagashi knives, set of eight, 1,215
A chef's best friend, this expensive-but-worth-it range will last over an entire lifetime of slicing and dicing.
Tel: 01449 722 992, www.kinknives.com
4. Adopt an olive tree, 65
Receive a year's produce — from oil to soap from a tree in the Nudo grove in Le Marche, Italy.
Tel: 020 7617 7235, www.nudo-italia.com
5. Clarke's fig salami, 5.75
Dense logs of figs, dates and nuts from restaurateur Sally Clarke.
Tel: 020 7229 2190
6. Hands and feet-shaped cookie cutters, 12
Fun cutters make baking more fun for the kids.
Tel 0870 442 4787, www.coxandcox.co.uk
7. L'Artisan du Chocolat rosewood oval box, 50
Filled with a wide selection of chocolates, and the box makes a great keepsake for trinkets.
Tel: 020 7824 8365, www.artisanduchocolat.com
8. Kitchenaid food-mixer, 349
Efficiency and style in one. Great for cake mixtures.
Tel: 020 7851 8065, www.divertimenti.co.uk
9. La Cornue country casserole cast-iron pot and wooden lid, 123
Keeps moisture and flavours sealed in, and retains heat for a long time.
Divertimenti, details as before
10. Peace and Harmony hamper, 99.75
Products from tea to fudge to chutney individually sourced for their commitment to the environment.
Tel: 020 7631 3131, www.villandry.com
Tana Ramsay is the author of 'Real Family Food' (HarperCollins, 20)Reuse content