Now that’s a lovely looking latte
The next time your barista tries to show off his leaf-drawing skills on your coffee froth, scoff and point him in the direction of Kazuki Yamamoto.
The Japanese artist can be spotted around Osaka, working his intricate magic on steaming cups of latte (and, we hope, finishing them before the drink goes cold). His impressive works of latte art, which are regularly posted on Twitter (@george_10g) range from animals to manga characters and they have attracted more than 50,000 followers.
So how is such art achieved? There are, apparently, two paths to cool crema perfection: free pouring, where the drawing is produced as the steamed milk hits the shot of espresso, and etching, which requires the use of a coffee stirrer to manipulate the foam after it has been poured.
Life & Style blogs
iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
Exclusive interview with Jourdan Dunn: Mother, one of the world's best-paid models and ambassador for sickle-cell disease
No new blood and no fresh ideas at Milan Fashion Week: How do you solve a problem like Milano?
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
iJobs Food & Drink
£50 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Affiliate Marketing Manager / Affiliate Mana...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...