Now that’s a lovely looking latte
The next time your barista tries to show off his leaf-drawing skills on your coffee froth, scoff and point him in the direction of Kazuki Yamamoto.
The Japanese artist can be spotted around Osaka, working his intricate magic on steaming cups of latte (and, we hope, finishing them before the drink goes cold). His impressive works of latte art, which are regularly posted on Twitter (@george_10g) range from animals to manga characters and they have attracted more than 50,000 followers.
So how is such art achieved? There are, apparently, two paths to cool crema perfection: free pouring, where the drawing is produced as the steamed milk hits the shot of espresso, and etching, which requires the use of a coffee stirrer to manipulate the foam after it has been poured.
Life & Style blogs
New £3 pill that will help stop you drinking too much available on the NHS
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Revealed: Lidl’s £4 perfume smells identical to Chanel’s £70 scent - but the difference is in the bottle
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 Black Friday 2014: Opening times for Asda, John Lewis, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
iJobs Food & Drink
£55000 - £65000 per annum: Investigo: My client, a global leader in their fiel...
£45000 - £52000 per annum + bonus+bens : Investigo: My client, a global leader...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...
25,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: CRM Executive – Global Travel Brand – Luto...