Something For The Weekend?
2002 Rodet Syrah; 2001 Carmen Nativa Cabernet Sauvignon; 2000 Vergelegen Merlot
Saturday 16 October 2004
Under a fiver: 2002 Rodet Syrah, Vin de Pays d'Oc, £4.99, Sainsbury's
I was hoping that at least one retailer would pick up on the fact that this magnificently endowed Languedoc red, a paragon of spicy, opulent blackberry fruit, won the syrah trophy at the inaugural Vin de Pays d'Oc awards earlier this year.
Under a tenner:2001 Carmen Nativa Cabernet Sauvignon, £5.99, Waitrose (reduced from £7.99 until 31 October)
This affordable cabernet sauvignon made from organic grapes in Chile has the Maipo Valley's trademark herby aromas of mint and rosemary with a blackcurranty richness. Heavenly with a rack of lamb.
Splash out: 2000 Vergelegen Merlot, £13.99, Oddbins
The class of this sumptuous merlot from one of the Cape's leading wineries is apparent in its spicy bouquet and seductively plummy fruit, with its smooth, richly concentrated fruit quality. One to keep the St-Emilion boys on their toes.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cyclist in Russia narrowly misses being hit by car and lorry
- 2 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 3 What are your fingerprint words?
- 4 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets
- 5 Pink Floyd new album: Band unveil cover art for first record in 20 years
iJobs Food & Drink
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£50 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Affiliate Marketing Manager / Affiliate Mana...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...