Something For The Weekend?
Saturday 13 August 2005
While Thresher is asking £6.99 for this modern Bordeaux dry white, the August special offer at Waitrose makes the vanilla-scented, zingy young sauvignon from go-ahead negociant Dourthe an affordable buy.
Under a Tenner: 2004 Delegat's Oyster Bay Merlot, Hawkes Bay, £7.99, Sainsbury's
This juicy, ripe blackcurrant-rich screwcapped red from the Delegat brother and sister team offers a glimpse of the smooth, medium-bodied Bordeaux-style red that's the hallmark of the Hawkes Bay region of New Zealand.
Splash Out: 2003 Seghesio Sonomo County Zinfandel, around £14.49, Majestic Wines, Booths
From pre-Prohibition settlers Seghesio, based at Healdsburg, this displays a spicy-smoky whiff of American oak, followed by black cherry fruitiness and densely textured tannins.
Life & Style blogs
Can Microsoft boost flagging sales of the Xbox One console with its new game Titanfall?
25 years of the World Wide Web: Tim Berners-Lee explains how it all began
Tomnod: How to join the virtual search party scanning satellite imagery for missing flight MH370
Tim Berners-Lee on creating the web: 'I never expected all these cats'
iOS 7.1: How to get iPhone update, and what to do once you've got it
- 1 Arrest made after man is found by the side of the road with his penis cut off
- 2 Girl found in the Amazon rainforest with neighbour Grover Morales after going missing for 7 months
- 3 Tim Berners-Lee on creating the web: 'I never expected all these cats'
- 4 Malaysia flight MH370: Pitbull song lyrics bear uncanny resemblance to missing plane mystery, according to YouTubers
- 5 First Kiss viral video was just a clothing advert starring actors
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Flight Centre Limited: Exceptional opportunity for ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Exc...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: Opportunity for a B...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...