Something For The Weekend?
Saturday 13 August 2005
While Thresher is asking £6.99 for this modern Bordeaux dry white, the August special offer at Waitrose makes the vanilla-scented, zingy young sauvignon from go-ahead negociant Dourthe an affordable buy.
Under a Tenner: 2004 Delegat's Oyster Bay Merlot, Hawkes Bay, £7.99, Sainsbury's
This juicy, ripe blackcurrant-rich screwcapped red from the Delegat brother and sister team offers a glimpse of the smooth, medium-bodied Bordeaux-style red that's the hallmark of the Hawkes Bay region of New Zealand.
Splash Out: 2003 Seghesio Sonomo County Zinfandel, around £14.49, Majestic Wines, Booths
From pre-Prohibition settlers Seghesio, based at Healdsburg, this displays a spicy-smoky whiff of American oak, followed by black cherry fruitiness and densely textured tannins.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Round The World Experts: L...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + (£16K Base + Uncapped Commission): Flight Centre L...
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...