Something For The Weekend?
Saturday 13 August 2005
While Thresher is asking £6.99 for this modern Bordeaux dry white, the August special offer at Waitrose makes the vanilla-scented, zingy young sauvignon from go-ahead negociant Dourthe an affordable buy.
Under a Tenner: 2004 Delegat's Oyster Bay Merlot, Hawkes Bay, £7.99, Sainsbury's
This juicy, ripe blackcurrant-rich screwcapped red from the Delegat brother and sister team offers a glimpse of the smooth, medium-bodied Bordeaux-style red that's the hallmark of the Hawkes Bay region of New Zealand.
Splash Out: 2003 Seghesio Sonomo County Zinfandel, around £14.49, Majestic Wines, Booths
From pre-Prohibition settlers Seghesio, based at Healdsburg, this displays a spicy-smoky whiff of American oak, followed by black cherry fruitiness and densely textured tannins.
Life & Style blogs
Google Maps hides image of Android robot urinating on Apple in surprisingly insolent Easter egg
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 3 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 4 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 5 UK weather: Britain braced for snow to replace sun as arctic air mass moves in
iJobs Food & Drink
£18750 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Hotel in Chadderton is a popular ch...
£35 - 45k: Guru Careers: An MI Developer is needed to join the leading provide...
£20000 - £22500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leisure organisation manag...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Delivering an inspiring, engagi...