Something For The Weekend?
Saturday 13 August 2005
While Thresher is asking £6.99 for this modern Bordeaux dry white, the August special offer at Waitrose makes the vanilla-scented, zingy young sauvignon from go-ahead negociant Dourthe an affordable buy.
Under a Tenner: 2004 Delegat's Oyster Bay Merlot, Hawkes Bay, £7.99, Sainsbury's
This juicy, ripe blackcurrant-rich screwcapped red from the Delegat brother and sister team offers a glimpse of the smooth, medium-bodied Bordeaux-style red that's the hallmark of the Hawkes Bay region of New Zealand.
Splash Out: 2003 Seghesio Sonomo County Zinfandel, around £14.49, Majestic Wines, Booths
From pre-Prohibition settlers Seghesio, based at Healdsburg, this displays a spicy-smoky whiff of American oak, followed by black cherry fruitiness and densely textured tannins.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 4 Amy Winehouse unpublished 2004 interview: ‘Ten years from now I’ll be 30, so I’ll maybe have one baby’
- 5 Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...