Something For The Weekend?
Saturday 13 August 2005
While Thresher is asking £6.99 for this modern Bordeaux dry white, the August special offer at Waitrose makes the vanilla-scented, zingy young sauvignon from go-ahead negociant Dourthe an affordable buy.
Under a Tenner: 2004 Delegat's Oyster Bay Merlot, Hawkes Bay, £7.99, Sainsbury's
This juicy, ripe blackcurrant-rich screwcapped red from the Delegat brother and sister team offers a glimpse of the smooth, medium-bodied Bordeaux-style red that's the hallmark of the Hawkes Bay region of New Zealand.
Splash Out: 2003 Seghesio Sonomo County Zinfandel, around £14.49, Majestic Wines, Booths
From pre-Prohibition settlers Seghesio, based at Healdsburg, this displays a spicy-smoky whiff of American oak, followed by black cherry fruitiness and densely textured tannins.
Life & Style blogs
Hair loss explained: How and why men go bald
This is how to react when you receive a terrible birthday present
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
Ashley Madison hacker could be posting on Twitter as 'Thadeus Zu', researcher claims
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Carol Vorderman reveals she is 'covered in burns' after she fell off her treadmill while running naked
iJobs Food & Drink
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Brand Manager / Marketing Campaign Manager is req...