Something For The Weekend?
Saturday 20 August 2005
Made in the Languedoc, this aromatic, southern French dry white is fresh and juicy with a ripe peachiness rounded out by subtle oak and topped off with refreshing pineappley acidity.
Under a Tenner: 2004 Leasingham Magnus Clare Valley Riesling, £7.49, Sainsbury's, Waitrose, www.virginwines.com
Kerri Hitchcock is known for the quality of her wines. This is a spritz-fresh dry aromatic white with a tangy twist of crisp, tropical lemon and lime fruitiness balanced by a yin and yang of zing and zest.
Splash Out: 2003 Cullen Mangan, around £17.95, Andrew Chapman (01235 550707), Valvona & Crolla (0131 556 6066), Villeneuve Wines, (0131 558 8441)
This Margaret River blend has equal parts of malbec and petit verdot, with a touch of merlot. Deep-hued with youthful berry and plum fruit. Lush and moreish.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Star Wars BB-8 droid toy is real, should be impossible
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
iJobs Food & Drink
£22000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£7500 - £10000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness chai...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Marketing / Digital Marketing Executive (CRM, Eve...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...