Something For The Weekend?
Saturday 20 August 2005
Made in the Languedoc, this aromatic, southern French dry white is fresh and juicy with a ripe peachiness rounded out by subtle oak and topped off with refreshing pineappley acidity.
Under a Tenner: 2004 Leasingham Magnus Clare Valley Riesling, £7.49, Sainsbury's, Waitrose, www.virginwines.com
Kerri Hitchcock is known for the quality of her wines. This is a spritz-fresh dry aromatic white with a tangy twist of crisp, tropical lemon and lime fruitiness balanced by a yin and yang of zing and zest.
Splash Out: 2003 Cullen Mangan, around £17.95, Andrew Chapman (01235 550707), Valvona & Crolla (0131 556 6066), Villeneuve Wines, (0131 558 8441)
This Margaret River blend has equal parts of malbec and petit verdot, with a touch of merlot. Deep-hued with youthful berry and plum fruit. Lush and moreish.
Life & Style blogs
Best three-ingredient recipes: From Nutella brownies to mac and cheese and pulled pork
Topshop pulls 'ridiculously skinny' mannequins after being shamed by customer on Facebook
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
The lesser known erogenous zones - and how to find them
Jane Birkin asks Hermès fashion house to rename luxury Birkin bags after animal cruelty concerns
- 1 Cecil the lion: Dentist Walter Palmer blames local guides in Zimbabwe for the scandal
- 2 Kate Winslet thanked 'particularly horrible' girl who bullied her at school after Titanic success
- 3 Norwich paedophile ring: Woman at centre of gang who made children 'sexual play things' guilty of 23 offences
- 4 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 5 Walter Palmer: Cecil the lion killer revealed to be American dentist
iJobs Food & Drink
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...
£17600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum cares for one of the largest...
£12500 - £24500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Drivers wanted for a family run...