Something For The Weekend?
Saturday 20 August 2005
Made in the Languedoc, this aromatic, southern French dry white is fresh and juicy with a ripe peachiness rounded out by subtle oak and topped off with refreshing pineappley acidity.
Under a Tenner: 2004 Leasingham Magnus Clare Valley Riesling, £7.49, Sainsbury's, Waitrose, www.virginwines.com
Kerri Hitchcock is known for the quality of her wines. This is a spritz-fresh dry aromatic white with a tangy twist of crisp, tropical lemon and lime fruitiness balanced by a yin and yang of zing and zest.
Splash Out: 2003 Cullen Mangan, around £17.95, Andrew Chapman (01235 550707), Valvona & Crolla (0131 556 6066), Villeneuve Wines, (0131 558 8441)
This Margaret River blend has equal parts of malbec and petit verdot, with a touch of merlot. Deep-hued with youthful berry and plum fruit. Lush and moreish.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Andreas Lubitz: Who is Germanwings co-pilot who 'locked out captain and crashed flight 9525'?
- 2 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 3 Germanwings crash: Descent may have been 'deliberate, suicidal choice' by pilot, claims experts
- 4 Germanwings plane crash live: Andreas Guenter Lubitz intentionally crashed flight 9525 into the Alps in act of mass murder and suicide – latest
- 5 Video shows what happens when lava is poured onto ice
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...