Something For The Weekend?
2005 Santa Julia Viognier; 2002 St Chinian Roches Noires; 2003 De Bortoli Yarra Valley Pinot Noir
Saturday 29 October 2005
Argentinian pioneer José Alberto Zuccardi is now reaping the rewards for backing the trendy Rhône grape variety. The new season's offering providing a typically aromatic and peachy example of viognier. Now it comes with a screwcap to guarantee freshness.
Under a Tenner: 2002 St Chinian Roches Noires, £6.99, Tesco
A syrah-based red whose sweet, rosemary scents are complemented by a food-friendly, rustic astringency creating an exhilarating tour-in-a-glass of the mountainous St Chinian garrigue. I love this classic expression of the Languedoc.
Splash Out: 2003 De Bortoli Yarra Valley Pinot Noir, £13.99, Oddbins
The Italian-Australian De Bortoli family's Yarra Valley operation is becoming an increasingly important source of elegant pinot noir. Cherry and raspberry fragrance gives way here to pure pinot noir fruit intensified by a neat touch of oak.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...