Something For The Weekend?
2005 Santa Julia Viognier; 2002 St Chinian Roches Noires; 2003 De Bortoli Yarra Valley Pinot Noir
Saturday 29 October 2005
Argentinian pioneer José Alberto Zuccardi is now reaping the rewards for backing the trendy Rhône grape variety. The new season's offering providing a typically aromatic and peachy example of viognier. Now it comes with a screwcap to guarantee freshness.
Under a Tenner: 2002 St Chinian Roches Noires, £6.99, Tesco
A syrah-based red whose sweet, rosemary scents are complemented by a food-friendly, rustic astringency creating an exhilarating tour-in-a-glass of the mountainous St Chinian garrigue. I love this classic expression of the Languedoc.
Splash Out: 2003 De Bortoli Yarra Valley Pinot Noir, £13.99, Oddbins
The Italian-Australian De Bortoli family's Yarra Valley operation is becoming an increasingly important source of elegant pinot noir. Cherry and raspberry fragrance gives way here to pure pinot noir fruit intensified by a neat touch of oak.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...