Something for the weekend?
The best of the wines from Down Under
Saturday 21 October 2006
Great Value: 2006 Spier Sauvignon Blanc
A grassy new vintage from one of the Cape producers making serious good value wine, this crisp dry white is an affordable sauvignon blanc. £4.99 to 30 October, Waitrose
Under a Tenner: 2005 Framingham Marlborough Riesling
Fresh floral aromas of lime and a hint of riesling "petrol" make this New Zealand dry white dangerously gluggable.
Around £9.99, Bedales (020-7403 8853), Carrington, Manchester (0161-881 0099)
Splash Out: 2004 De Bortoli Yarra Valley Shiraz Viognier
In the forefront of elegant shiraz in Australia, the De Bortoli family has created a modern Côte Rôtie style to produce a wine with blackberry fruit flavours and a twist of pepper. £13.99, Tesco
Life & Style blogs
Revenge porn: What is it – and how big is the problem?
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Paris Fashion Week: Karl Lagerfeld leads a feminist riot on 'Boulevard Chanel'
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
Windows 10 release: Microsoft bypasses 'Windows 9' with new operating system
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Ed Sheeran dedicates song to David Cameron
- 5 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
30,000 to 35,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: We are currently recruiting on...
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...