Something for the weekend?
The best of the wines from Down Under
Saturday 21 October 2006
Great Value: 2006 Spier Sauvignon Blanc
A grassy new vintage from one of the Cape producers making serious good value wine, this crisp dry white is an affordable sauvignon blanc. £4.99 to 30 October, Waitrose
Under a Tenner: 2005 Framingham Marlborough Riesling
Fresh floral aromas of lime and a hint of riesling "petrol" make this New Zealand dry white dangerously gluggable.
Around £9.99, Bedales (020-7403 8853), Carrington, Manchester (0161-881 0099)
Splash Out: 2004 De Bortoli Yarra Valley Shiraz Viognier
In the forefront of elegant shiraz in Australia, the De Bortoli family has created a modern Côte Rôtie style to produce a wine with blackberry fruit flavours and a twist of pepper. £13.99, Tesco
Life & Style blogs
Direct from the trenches: The objects that defined the First World War
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
Stevia wonder: The plant that's a super sugar alternative – and free from calories and carbs
International Women's Day 2014: Google makes 80 second video of inspirational women from across the world for animated Doodle
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 4 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
iJobs Food & Drink
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 - £18000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a high-end niche t...
£20000 - £40000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Business Tra...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...