Something for the weekend?
The best of the wines from Down Under
Saturday 21 October 2006
Great Value: 2006 Spier Sauvignon Blanc
A grassy new vintage from one of the Cape producers making serious good value wine, this crisp dry white is an affordable sauvignon blanc. £4.99 to 30 October, Waitrose
Under a Tenner: 2005 Framingham Marlborough Riesling
Fresh floral aromas of lime and a hint of riesling "petrol" make this New Zealand dry white dangerously gluggable.
Around £9.99, Bedales (020-7403 8853), Carrington, Manchester (0161-881 0099)
Splash Out: 2004 De Bortoli Yarra Valley Shiraz Viognier
In the forefront of elegant shiraz in Australia, the De Bortoli family has created a modern Côte Rôtie style to produce a wine with blackberry fruit flavours and a twist of pepper. £13.99, Tesco
Life & Style blogs
Penis size study: what's 'normal' anyway?
Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
Penis size: is there a correlation with sexual satisfaction? A scientific look
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
- 1 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 2 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 3 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 4 Adam Levine's biggest fan had a panic attack upon meeting him, so the singer laid down on the floor to get a photo with him
- 5 Why you're almost certainly more like your father than your mother
iJobs Food & Drink
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to the consistent growth of...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ex...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ou...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...