Something for the weekend?
The best of the wines from Down Under
Saturday 21 October 2006
Great Value: 2006 Spier Sauvignon Blanc
A grassy new vintage from one of the Cape producers making serious good value wine, this crisp dry white is an affordable sauvignon blanc. £4.99 to 30 October, Waitrose
Under a Tenner: 2005 Framingham Marlborough Riesling
Fresh floral aromas of lime and a hint of riesling "petrol" make this New Zealand dry white dangerously gluggable.
Around £9.99, Bedales (020-7403 8853), Carrington, Manchester (0161-881 0099)
Splash Out: 2004 De Bortoli Yarra Valley Shiraz Viognier
In the forefront of elegant shiraz in Australia, the De Bortoli family has created a modern Côte Rôtie style to produce a wine with blackberry fruit flavours and a twist of pepper. £13.99, Tesco
Life & Style blogs
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
David Beckham fronts the campaign for his underwear autumn/winter collection, which hit stores today
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
NHS patients to be seen by 'doctors on the cheap'
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...