Sweet treats: Britain's top bakers and chocolatiers serve up their finest festive biscuits and tree decorations
Saturday 14 November 2009
1. Hand-decorated Lebkuchen Soldier, £3.75, Bettys (01904 659142; bettys.co.uk)
2. Star biscuit, flavoured with orange zest and star anise, £4.80 per bag, Ottolenghi (020-7727 1121; ottolenghi.co.uk)
3. Ho Ho Ho tiny cupcake, £1 each, from a festive selection at Lola's Kitchen (020-7483 3394; lolas-kitchen.co.uk)
4. Dark chocolate Christmas bauble filled with caramelised Piedmont hazelnuts enrobed in Toscano 70 per cent and dusted with cocoa powder, £10, William Curley (020-8332 3002; williamcurley.co.uk)
5. Citrus truffles in red box, £7.99, including the box, Flour Power City, available at good markets around the country (020-8691 2244; flourpowercity.com)
6. Snowflake biscuit, £8, Biscuiteers (08704 588358; biscuiteers.com)
7. Christmas-pudding tree hanging biscuit, £2.50, Konditor & Cook (020-7261 0456; konditorandcook.com)
8. Small 150g dark organic Christmas tree, £8.50, Montezuma (01273 324979; montezumas.co.uk)
9. Gingerbread man, £1.20, Peyton and Byrne bakeries and by mail order from 020-7580 3451; peytonandbyrne.com
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...