Sweet treats: Britain's top bakers and chocolatiers serve up their finest festive biscuits and tree decorations
Saturday 14 November 2009
1. Hand-decorated Lebkuchen Soldier, £3.75, Bettys (01904 659142; bettys.co.uk)
2. Star biscuit, flavoured with orange zest and star anise, £4.80 per bag, Ottolenghi (020-7727 1121; ottolenghi.co.uk)
3. Ho Ho Ho tiny cupcake, £1 each, from a festive selection at Lola's Kitchen (020-7483 3394; lolas-kitchen.co.uk)
4. Dark chocolate Christmas bauble filled with caramelised Piedmont hazelnuts enrobed in Toscano 70 per cent and dusted with cocoa powder, £10, William Curley (020-8332 3002; williamcurley.co.uk)
5. Citrus truffles in red box, £7.99, including the box, Flour Power City, available at good markets around the country (020-8691 2244; flourpowercity.com)
6. Snowflake biscuit, £8, Biscuiteers (08704 588358; biscuiteers.com)
7. Christmas-pudding tree hanging biscuit, £2.50, Konditor & Cook (020-7261 0456; konditorandcook.com)
8. Small 150g dark organic Christmas tree, £8.50, Montezuma (01273 324979; montezumas.co.uk)
9. Gingerbread man, £1.20, Peyton and Byrne bakeries and by mail order from 020-7580 3451; peytonandbyrne.com
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber pass £170,000 on eBay
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...