The 10 Best: Christmas puddings
Tuesday 13 December 2011
1. Hale and Hearty
£8.99 (454g), hollandandbarrett.com
Anyone on a gluten-, wheat- or dairy-free diet can enjoy this indulgent award-winner.
2. Fortnum & Mason King George Pudding
From £9.95 (227g), fortnumandmason.com
Made with beef suet and top-notch ingredients like Turkish sultanas.
3. Figgy's Christmas Pudding
From £10 (350g), figgys.co.uk
Hand-made in Devon, this award-winner uses real ale and fine brandy for a great boozy kick and after-dinner relaxation.
4. Harrods Limited Edition Christmas Pudding
£59 (700g), harrods.com
It costs a fortune, but the fruit, walnuts and apricots soaked in brandy make it spectacular.
5. Selfridges Champagne Christmas Pudding
£11.49 (450g), selfridges.com
Inspired by an original 1929 recipe this is dark, decadent, and bursting with fruit.
6. Wilkin & Sons Organic
£9.99 (454g) tiptree.com
This pudding is refreshing, zesty, well rounded and light – great for those who struggle for stomach room after the turkey.
7. Heston's Hidden Orange Christmas Pudding
£13.99 (1.2kg), waitrose.com
Last year's must-have culinary craze seems to be flying off the shelves again this year.
8. Marks & Spencer Perfectly Matured Christmas Pudding
£9.99 (907g), marksandspencer. com
Boasting generous amount of fruit and nuts, this is moist and moreish.
9. Lakeland Christmas Pudding
£4.99 (425g), Lakeland.co.uk
A traditional moist pudding, packed with fruits and flavoured with Irish stout and French brandy.
10.Blas ar Fwyd
From £4.25 (200g), blasarfwyd.com
Made to an old Welsh recipe, this award-winner is rich, plump and dark with fruit and alcohol.
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 Prince Harry leaving the armed forced to pursue conservation projects in Africa
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...