The 10 Best: Christmas puddings
Tuesday 13 December 2011
1. Hale and Hearty
£8.99 (454g), hollandandbarrett.com
Anyone on a gluten-, wheat- or dairy-free diet can enjoy this indulgent award-winner.
2. Fortnum & Mason King George Pudding
From £9.95 (227g), fortnumandmason.com
Made with beef suet and top-notch ingredients like Turkish sultanas.
3. Figgy's Christmas Pudding
From £10 (350g), figgys.co.uk
Hand-made in Devon, this award-winner uses real ale and fine brandy for a great boozy kick and after-dinner relaxation.
4. Harrods Limited Edition Christmas Pudding
£59 (700g), harrods.com
It costs a fortune, but the fruit, walnuts and apricots soaked in brandy make it spectacular.
5. Selfridges Champagne Christmas Pudding
£11.49 (450g), selfridges.com
Inspired by an original 1929 recipe this is dark, decadent, and bursting with fruit.
6. Wilkin & Sons Organic
£9.99 (454g) tiptree.com
This pudding is refreshing, zesty, well rounded and light – great for those who struggle for stomach room after the turkey.
7. Heston's Hidden Orange Christmas Pudding
£13.99 (1.2kg), waitrose.com
Last year's must-have culinary craze seems to be flying off the shelves again this year.
8. Marks & Spencer Perfectly Matured Christmas Pudding
£9.99 (907g), marksandspencer. com
Boasting generous amount of fruit and nuts, this is moist and moreish.
9. Lakeland Christmas Pudding
£4.99 (425g), Lakeland.co.uk
A traditional moist pudding, packed with fruits and flavoured with Irish stout and French brandy.
10.Blas ar Fwyd
From £4.25 (200g), blasarfwyd.com
Made to an old Welsh recipe, this award-winner is rich, plump and dark with fruit and alcohol.
Life & Style blogs
Report finds English children among the unhappiest in world
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
- 1 Ashya King missing: Police hunt five-year-old boy with brain tumour snatched from Southampton hospital by his parents
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- 5 Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...