The 10 Best: Christmas puddings
Tuesday 13 December 2011
1. Hale and Hearty
£8.99 (454g), hollandandbarrett.com
Anyone on a gluten-, wheat- or dairy-free diet can enjoy this indulgent award-winner.
2. Fortnum & Mason King George Pudding
From £9.95 (227g), fortnumandmason.com
Made with beef suet and top-notch ingredients like Turkish sultanas.
3. Figgy's Christmas Pudding
From £10 (350g), figgys.co.uk
Hand-made in Devon, this award-winner uses real ale and fine brandy for a great boozy kick and after-dinner relaxation.
4. Harrods Limited Edition Christmas Pudding
£59 (700g), harrods.com
It costs a fortune, but the fruit, walnuts and apricots soaked in brandy make it spectacular.
5. Selfridges Champagne Christmas Pudding
£11.49 (450g), selfridges.com
Inspired by an original 1929 recipe this is dark, decadent, and bursting with fruit.
6. Wilkin & Sons Organic
£9.99 (454g) tiptree.com
This pudding is refreshing, zesty, well rounded and light – great for those who struggle for stomach room after the turkey.
7. Heston's Hidden Orange Christmas Pudding
£13.99 (1.2kg), waitrose.com
Last year's must-have culinary craze seems to be flying off the shelves again this year.
8. Marks & Spencer Perfectly Matured Christmas Pudding
£9.99 (907g), marksandspencer. com
Boasting generous amount of fruit and nuts, this is moist and moreish.
9. Lakeland Christmas Pudding
£4.99 (425g), Lakeland.co.uk
A traditional moist pudding, packed with fruits and flavoured with Irish stout and French brandy.
10.Blas ar Fwyd
From £4.25 (200g), blasarfwyd.com
Made to an old Welsh recipe, this award-winner is rich, plump and dark with fruit and alcohol.
elephant appealPrince William signs up for our charity appeal
elephant appealSo says man jailed for cutting off dead elephant's tusks
booksWe examine the best titles for teens
scienceResearchers teach border collie to understand sentences using more than 1,000 words
booksA Christmas story in six parts
travelWill high-value tourism help the workshops of this Renaissance city?
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Life & Style blogs
Drunken assaults, drug abuse, spiked drinks – and a young couple in a pine tree: Not a very merry Christmas for the paramedics
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
GTA 5: Rockstar bans gamers stealing in-game money worth millions
Winter Solstice 2013: Shortest day of the year marked with 'knitted' Google Doodle
- 1 Top PR exec Justine Sacco under fire for sending racist tweet before flying to Africa
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 The publisher who played with fire: the battle for control of Larsson's £30m legacy
- 5 Police seize possessions of rough sleepers in crackdown on homelessness
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 - £21000 per annum + Basic salary +incentives: FCm Travel Solutions: FC...
£54000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Flight Centre Glo...
£27000 - £27500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Flight Centre Glo...
£30000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: Flight Centre's e-c...