The 10 best cookery schools
Friday 04 November 2011
1. La Cucina Caldesi, London
From £75, caldesi.com
Whether you want to perfect your pizza, pasta or polenta, look no further than this Italian cookery school run by the people behind London's Caldesi restaurants.
2. Llanerch Vineyard, Vale of Glamorgan, Wales
From £25, llanerch-vineyard.co.uk
Set up by the chef Angela Gray in 2007, this school has a huge network of local food producers.
3. Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, Oxfordshire
From £335, manoir.com
Raymond Blanc's school is the only one in the world that offers the chance to learn in the kitchens of a two-Michelin-starred restaurant.
4. Padstow Seafood School, Cornwall
From £195, rickstein.com
Preparing fish in the bold style that has made Rick Stein famous in a stunning kitchen overlooking the Camel Estuary is as good as it gets.
5. Leiths School of Food and Wine, London
From £95, leiths.com
Here's one for wannabe chefs. It has seen oodles of students start up their own businesses or work in Michelin-starred restaurants.
6. Swinton Park, Yorkshire
From £95, swintonpark.com
Set in a 17th-century, 30-bedroomed, child-friendly castle hotel with great facilities, this will leave you itching to throw a dinner party to show off your new skills.
7. Bettys Cookery School, Yorkshire
From £175, bettyscookeryschool.co.uk
This fabulous cookery school reflects the tea rooms' expertise in breadmaking and baking.
8. Food Safari, Suffolk
From £75, foodsafari.co.uk
Want to get your hands really dirty? Food Safari offers field-to-fork experiences – gourmet food events that give you a chance to fish, forage, butcher and more.
9. Novelli Academy de Cuisine, Hertfordshire
From £195, jeanchristophenovelli.com
These classes focus on highly transferable cooking skills. There's even a helpline for graduates.
10. Brook Hall Cookery School, Buckinghamshire
From £185, brookhall.net
Fresh crab and saffron tart, andpumpkin ravioli with sage butter are just a few reasons to get your pinny on and learn how to cook.
Life & Style blogs
Kylie Jenner challenge: Strange lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
Chloe Sevigny poses with a lobster on her crotch in a daring shoot for Marfa Journal
Loch Ness Monster: Google Maps unveils Nessie Street View and homepage Doodle
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor David Dinsmore reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
iJobs Food & Drink
£21K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Front of House Receptionist to provide th...
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...