The 10 best cookery schools
Friday 04 November 2011
1. La Cucina Caldesi, London
From £75, caldesi.com
Whether you want to perfect your pizza, pasta or polenta, look no further than this Italian cookery school run by the people behind London's Caldesi restaurants.
2. Llanerch Vineyard, Vale of Glamorgan, Wales
From £25, llanerch-vineyard.co.uk
Set up by the chef Angela Gray in 2007, this school has a huge network of local food producers.
3. Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, Oxfordshire
From £335, manoir.com
Raymond Blanc's school is the only one in the world that offers the chance to learn in the kitchens of a two-Michelin-starred restaurant.
4. Padstow Seafood School, Cornwall
From £195, rickstein.com
Preparing fish in the bold style that has made Rick Stein famous in a stunning kitchen overlooking the Camel Estuary is as good as it gets.
5. Leiths School of Food and Wine, London
From £95, leiths.com
Here's one for wannabe chefs. It has seen oodles of students start up their own businesses or work in Michelin-starred restaurants.
6. Swinton Park, Yorkshire
From £95, swintonpark.com
Set in a 17th-century, 30-bedroomed, child-friendly castle hotel with great facilities, this will leave you itching to throw a dinner party to show off your new skills.
7. Bettys Cookery School, Yorkshire
From £175, bettyscookeryschool.co.uk
This fabulous cookery school reflects the tea rooms' expertise in breadmaking and baking.
8. Food Safari, Suffolk
From £75, foodsafari.co.uk
Want to get your hands really dirty? Food Safari offers field-to-fork experiences – gourmet food events that give you a chance to fish, forage, butcher and more.
9. Novelli Academy de Cuisine, Hertfordshire
From £195, jeanchristophenovelli.com
These classes focus on highly transferable cooking skills. There's even a helpline for graduates.
10. Brook Hall Cookery School, Buckinghamshire
From £185, brookhall.net
Fresh crab and saffron tart, andpumpkin ravioli with sage butter are just a few reasons to get your pinny on and learn how to cook.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...