The 10 best English wines
Friday 02 March 2012
1. Denbies Chalk Ridge Rosé
Rosé is usually created out of Mediterranean vineyards but this one from Surrey won gold medal in the International Wine Challenge.
2. Balfour Brut Rosé
A stunning example of a sparkling English Rosé, with fine bubbles and a sumptuous flavour.
3. Bolney Wine Estate Dark Harvest
A medium-bodied red wine with a smoky finish, this works well with charcuterie or cold buffet food.
4. M&S Chapel Down English Bacchus
This white wine offers the zestiness so typical of English wine, with a soft richness and apple flavours.
5. Furleigh Estate Sea Pink Rosé
A rosé from the Jurassic coast, it boasts cream and strawberry aromas and a smooth, silky taste.
6. Leventhorpe Sparkling Wine
Forget champagne, try a delicate sparkler made in Yorkshire. It has an appley flavour and biscuit nose.
7. Fortnum's English Sparkling Wine
This Cornish fizz has a nutty toastiness to rival any champagne and is remarkably good value.
8. Chapel Down Pinot Noir Chardonnay White Sparkling
If you want a classic aperitif to carry throughout the meal, this elegant multi-award winner is it.
9. Three Choirs Winchcombe Downs White
A soft aroma of elderflower and nettle with a hint of peach results in this lively, crisp dry white wine.
10. Ridgeview Knightsbridge
Made from only red grapes, this has a distinctive taste balanced by a mouth-watering freshness.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
The magicians using online collaboration to push boundaries
lifeIt takes year-long dedication to get Selfridges ready for 25 December. And they're already working on plans for 2015...
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Paris charity auction staged to save the ancient city of Tyre
Life & Style blogs
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
Last orders looming for Trappist beers as Belgium's band of brotherly brewers dies off
Facebook 'self-censorship': study records when you don't post to find more ways to share
Vitamin pills are a waste of money, offer no health benefits and could be harmful - study
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Ian Watkins: Paedophile Lostprophets singer sentenced to 35 years for child sex offences, as judge labels him a 'dangerous sexual predator'
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber announces he's 'retiring from music'
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Round The World Experts: D...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: FCm Travel Solutions: FCm ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + £18K base & uncapped commission & benefits: Flight...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: We would very much like to hear from applicant...