The 10 Best food memoirs
From life in a top-end New York kitchen to dinner parties at the height of the Raj, here are culinary tales to chew over...
Bourdain's no-holds-barred account of life in American kitchens is both a memoir and an insider's guide to the tricks of the trade.
Combines recipes with anecdotes about lunches had and wines drunk. A book as well-crafted as the patisserie she loved.
Jaffrey is Britain's most highly regarded Indian cookery writer. Her life in food began in the days of the raj in Delhi.
The New Yorker writer's memoir charts an amusing culinary coming-of-age in the Paris of the 1920s, where he spent a good deal of his family money on food and wine.
Not a memoir in the traditional sense, rather it recounts the 156 restaurants he has frequented since his first time in NYC in 1976.
Koffman takes us on trip through his childhood in Gascony by giving us the recipes he ate then and still cooks now.
Each chapter is a bacchanalia of suburban treats as Slater gives us a grand tour of the family's larder – rice pudding, tinned ham, cream soda and all.
Having previously gone undercover with football hooligans in Among The Thugs, Buford goes under the pan lid as he blags a position in Mario Batali's staff.
Carluccio remembers the first time his taste buds felt the zing of a well-cooked meal. This is his life... in the kitchen and on TV.
Once a brash California girl who didn't speak one word of French. This traces the beginnings of her love for French food.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she lied to husband about failed heroin tests
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...