The 10 best party foods
If you’ve slaved over a hot stove this Christmas, these ready-made bites are a treat for hosts as well as guests
Wednesday 28 December 2011
1. Wonderful Pistachios Sweet Chilli
£3.19 (250g), sainsburys.co.uk (currently on offer at two for £5)
A new bagful that has a warming kick to set taste buds tingling and offset the cold weather outside.
2. Waitrose Mini Beef Wellingtons
£5.99 for 12, waitrose.com
A tiny treat made from British beef topped with a mushroom duxelle, wrapped in puff pastry and topped with poppy seeds.
3. Tyrrells Sour Cream and Roast Garlic Crisps
£1.89 (150g), sainsburys.co.uk
One of our favourites, the inspired Herefordshire crisp-maker's new winter double act is of sweet, subtle roasted garlic and sour cream.
4. Croquets de Provence
These crunchy croquets are deliciously nibbly, owing their flavour to Mediterranean olives and tomatoes. Lakeland has a buy-one-get-another-half-price offer.
5. M&S Tiger Prawn Lollipops on Sugar Cane
£5.99 for 12, marksandspencer.com
These lollipops with sugar cane sticks are very tasty, with a true "wow" factor for this price range.
6. Tesco Finest Slow Roasted Pork Belly Squares with BBQ Sauce
£4 for 18, tesco.com
Pork belly is rubbed with sea salt, pepper and herbs, smoked and slow-cooked. The result is divine.
7. Fortnum & Mason Irish Organic Smoked Salmon
From £9.50, fortnumandmason.com
Good smoked salmon is stunning, and this is beautifully moist, yet firm enough – perfect party food.
8. Cheesecake Minis
From £30 for nine, englishcheesecake.com
Party food doesn't have to be all crisps and sausage rolls. This bakery has a new range of fabulous hand-made luxury mini cheesecakes.
9. Olives Et Al Everything but the music
This brand-new box from Olives Et Al includes absolutely everything you need for a party – outstanding olives, nuts, fritas and more.
10. Grate Britain All British Cheese Biscuits
£2.36 (100g), theuniqueboutiquecompany.com
Biscuits that are best served slightly warm for a melt-in-the-mouth explosion of loveliness.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 3 Do you know this man? Amnesia sufferer found in park pleads for help in identifying who he is
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...