The 10 best party foods
If you’ve slaved over a hot stove this Christmas, these ready-made bites are a treat for hosts as well as guests
1. Wonderful Pistachios Sweet Chilli
£3.19 (250g), sainsburys.co.uk (currently on offer at two for £5)
A new bagful that has a warming kick to set taste buds tingling and offset the cold weather outside.
2. Waitrose Mini Beef Wellingtons
£5.99 for 12, waitrose.com
A tiny treat made from British beef topped with a mushroom duxelle, wrapped in puff pastry and topped with poppy seeds.
3. Tyrrells Sour Cream and Roast Garlic Crisps
£1.89 (150g), sainsburys.co.uk
One of our favourites, the inspired Herefordshire crisp-maker's new winter double act is of sweet, subtle roasted garlic and sour cream.
4. Croquets de Provence
These crunchy croquets are deliciously nibbly, owing their flavour to Mediterranean olives and tomatoes. Lakeland has a buy-one-get-another-half-price offer.
5. M&S Tiger Prawn Lollipops on Sugar Cane
£5.99 for 12, marksandspencer.com
These lollipops with sugar cane sticks are very tasty, with a true "wow" factor for this price range.
6. Tesco Finest Slow Roasted Pork Belly Squares with BBQ Sauce
£4 for 18, tesco.com
Pork belly is rubbed with sea salt, pepper and herbs, smoked and slow-cooked. The result is divine.
7. Fortnum & Mason Irish Organic Smoked Salmon
From £9.50, fortnumandmason.com
Good smoked salmon is stunning, and this is beautifully moist, yet firm enough – perfect party food.
8. Cheesecake Minis
From £30 for nine, englishcheesecake.com
Party food doesn't have to be all crisps and sausage rolls. This bakery has a new range of fabulous hand-made luxury mini cheesecakes.
9. Olives Et Al Everything but the music
This brand-new box from Olives Et Al includes absolutely everything you need for a party – outstanding olives, nuts, fritas and more.
10. Grate Britain All British Cheese Biscuits
£2.36 (100g), theuniqueboutiquecompany.com
Biscuits that are best served slightly warm for a melt-in-the-mouth explosion of loveliness.
Life & Style blogs
Plus London's buy-to-let hotspots and a new property portal
Guest post by Richard Sexton, business development director of e.surv chartered surveyors
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
- 1 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 2 Rocky Horror star Tim Curry 'suffers major stroke'
- 3 Exclusive: How MI5 blackmails British Muslims
- 4 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
- 5 Exclusive: Woolwich killings suspect Michael Adebolajo was inspired by cleric banned from UK after urging followers to behead enemies of Islam
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.