The 10 best party foods
If you’ve slaved over a hot stove this Christmas, these ready-made bites are a treat for hosts as well as guests
Wednesday 28 December 2011
1. Wonderful Pistachios Sweet Chilli
£3.19 (250g), sainsburys.co.uk (currently on offer at two for £5)
A new bagful that has a warming kick to set taste buds tingling and offset the cold weather outside.
2. Waitrose Mini Beef Wellingtons
£5.99 for 12, waitrose.com
A tiny treat made from British beef topped with a mushroom duxelle, wrapped in puff pastry and topped with poppy seeds.
3. Tyrrells Sour Cream and Roast Garlic Crisps
£1.89 (150g), sainsburys.co.uk
One of our favourites, the inspired Herefordshire crisp-maker's new winter double act is of sweet, subtle roasted garlic and sour cream.
4. Croquets de Provence
These crunchy croquets are deliciously nibbly, owing their flavour to Mediterranean olives and tomatoes. Lakeland has a buy-one-get-another-half-price offer.
5. M&S Tiger Prawn Lollipops on Sugar Cane
£5.99 for 12, marksandspencer.com
These lollipops with sugar cane sticks are very tasty, with a true "wow" factor for this price range.
6. Tesco Finest Slow Roasted Pork Belly Squares with BBQ Sauce
£4 for 18, tesco.com
Pork belly is rubbed with sea salt, pepper and herbs, smoked and slow-cooked. The result is divine.
7. Fortnum & Mason Irish Organic Smoked Salmon
From £9.50, fortnumandmason.com
Good smoked salmon is stunning, and this is beautifully moist, yet firm enough – perfect party food.
8. Cheesecake Minis
From £30 for nine, englishcheesecake.com
Party food doesn't have to be all crisps and sausage rolls. This bakery has a new range of fabulous hand-made luxury mini cheesecakes.
9. Olives Et Al Everything but the music
This brand-new box from Olives Et Al includes absolutely everything you need for a party – outstanding olives, nuts, fritas and more.
10. Grate Britain All British Cheese Biscuits
£2.36 (100g), theuniqueboutiquecompany.com
Biscuits that are best served slightly warm for a melt-in-the-mouth explosion of loveliness.
Life & Style blogs
Twitter not working: Social network says problem with tweets not showing is fixed
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Facebook attacked over dead relative photos in 'Year in Review' slides
Grim second life of the 'breastaurant': The oft-loathed sector is booming in the States thanks to Hooters, Twin Peaks and Tilted Kilt
Anti-smoking adverts accused of 'scaremongering'
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Doctors remove 80 teeth from boy's jaw
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 5 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...