The 10 best pasta sauces
Friday 06 April 2012
1. Carluccio's Cuttlefish Ink Sauce
This tomato sauce with wine and cuttlefish ink adds a sea tang and gives your pasta a deep black hue. It's also good for risottos.
2. Marks and Spencer Fresh Green Pesto
Get yourself over to the fridge counter at M&S, where you'll find this beauty, which knocks the socks off versions in jars.
3. Zest Oregano and Basil Sauce
£15.48 for 6, amazon.co.uk
This rich-tasting, full-flavoured sauce is made with fresh garlic and herbs and is free from anything artificial.
4. Don Antonio Vodka Pasta Sauce
Heat a little olive oil and fry some finely sliced onions and pancetta before adding a jar of this, followed by cream.
5. Seggiano Artichoke Ricotta Pasta Sauce
Unusual, but worth the gamble. A fantastic flavour combination, as well as being as good as fresh and extremely moreish.
6. Owen Potts Carbonara
Made with thick double cream, white wine and parmesan, just add pancetta or smoked bacon – or smoked salmon or asparagus for a contemporary twist.
7. Tideford Ragu
Organic, heart-warming, tasty. Great for pretending you made it yourself, it's excellent on its own, but is also good as a lasagne filling or for shepherd's pie.
8. Made By Bob Puttanesca
Made from tomatoes, black olives, capers, anchovies, onions, garlic and herbs. If your mouth isn't watering yet, it certainly will be when you taste this.
9. David Oliver Rabbit with British cider and sage
Initially only sold in local farm shops, David Oliver's fresh pasta sauces proved such a hit they're going national from this month.
10. Mr Organics Tomato
Put a bit of fire in your belly with this sauce from the whizzkids at Mr Organic, who have produced this take on a spicy classic.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 'Natural' energy drink banned for containing erectile dysfunction drug
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Dylan Tombides: West Ham confirm 20-year-old striker has died after battle with cancer
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Angus Steakhouse: How does tourist staple continue to thrive in today's gourmet market?
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...