The 10 best pasta sauces
Friday 06 April 2012
1. Carluccio's Cuttlefish Ink Sauce
This tomato sauce with wine and cuttlefish ink adds a sea tang and gives your pasta a deep black hue. It's also good for risottos.
2. Marks and Spencer Fresh Green Pesto
Get yourself over to the fridge counter at M&S, where you'll find this beauty, which knocks the socks off versions in jars.
3. Zest Oregano and Basil Sauce
£15.48 for 6, amazon.co.uk
This rich-tasting, full-flavoured sauce is made with fresh garlic and herbs and is free from anything artificial.
4. Don Antonio Vodka Pasta Sauce
Heat a little olive oil and fry some finely sliced onions and pancetta before adding a jar of this, followed by cream.
5. Seggiano Artichoke Ricotta Pasta Sauce
Unusual, but worth the gamble. A fantastic flavour combination, as well as being as good as fresh and extremely moreish.
6. Owen Potts Carbonara
Made with thick double cream, white wine and parmesan, just add pancetta or smoked bacon – or smoked salmon or asparagus for a contemporary twist.
7. Tideford Ragu
Organic, heart-warming, tasty. Great for pretending you made it yourself, it's excellent on its own, but is also good as a lasagne filling or for shepherd's pie.
8. Made By Bob Puttanesca
Made from tomatoes, black olives, capers, anchovies, onions, garlic and herbs. If your mouth isn't watering yet, it certainly will be when you taste this.
9. David Oliver Rabbit with British cider and sage
Initially only sold in local farm shops, David Oliver's fresh pasta sauces proved such a hit they're going national from this month.
10. Mr Organics Tomato
Put a bit of fire in your belly with this sauce from the whizzkids at Mr Organic, who have produced this take on a spicy classic.
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 The way the police have treated Cliff Richard is completely unacceptable
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Michael Brown shooting: Ferguson police shoot and kill second young black man
- 4 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 5 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermeister and vodka
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...