The 10 best ports
Friday 09 December 2011
1. Cockburn's Special Reserve
The biggest selling port in the UK. Its rich and concentrated aromas of red fruits – predominantly red cherry – is particularly tasty.
2. Fonsecca Terra Prima Organic Reserve
Wow dinner guests with this deliciously textured, velvety smooth and succulent port.
3. Dow's 2007 Vintage
Wine Spectator calls this "the greatest Dow ever made". It has the typical Dow dry spiciness with solid flavours of plums and cassis.
4. Dow's Fine White
White port makes a great pre-dinner drink when served chilled or as a long drink with tonic water and a slice of lemon. This one is gorgeous.
5. Harrods 10 Year Old Tawny
The delicate nutty character and dried fruit notes of this 10-year-old Tawny makes it the perfect complement for any cheese board.
6. Graham's late Bottle Vintage 2006
Packed with aromas of freshly picked blackberries, black cherries and even hints of chocolate.
7. Fortnum's Tawny 10 Years Old
This deliciously nutty and beautifully fresh Tawny can be served chilled as a cool aperitif.
8. Marks & Spencer Late Bottled Vintage
Wines from a single harvest that display the complexity of a vintage port, but can be drunk earlier.
9. Taylor's 1985 Vintage
You would normally pay a heck of a lot more for a port this good. Boasting superb depth and richness, it has a good long finish.
10. Taylor's Vargellas Vintage 2001
Here's another opportunity to get a stylish vintage port at the fraction of the price you would expect.
Life & Style blogs
Charlie Charlie Challenge: everyone on the internet thinks it’s a marketing stunt, but it probably isn’t
Cher shows that ageing beauty will always be more classy than all that booty
Woman jailed for making 'loud sex noises'
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
- 1 Man on naked bike ride gets ejected after becoming aroused
- 2 Fifa corruption: Europe plots to stage an 'alternative World Cup' in place of Russia 2018
- 3 How much sex should I be having?
- 4 Jaden Smith wears gender fluid dress to high school prom with Hunger Games actress
- 5 Betting company 'refuse to pay' after student wins £1,000 from 50p bet on Roger Federer
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...