The 10 Best summer cookbooks
Whether you're after a recipe for a spectacular salad or a brilliant barbecue, these have tasty ideas
1. The Food of Spain by Claudia Roden
Roden's recipes are thoughtful, well researched and within the reach of most cooks. Seafood in saffron béchamel, anyone?
2. Friends at My Table by Alice Hart
If you are looking for a guide to feeding big groups in an informal way, then it's worth checking out Hart's breezy book.
3. Momofuku Milk Bar by Christina Tosi
Here you'll find Momofuku's wittiest creations, such as cereal milk ice cream and crack pie, a confection of sugar and butter.
4. Food You Can't Say No To by Tamasin Day-Lewis
Day-Lewis's style is all about simplicity, seasonality and a little eccentricity. Expect lots of cross-cultural summery dishes.
5. The Perfectly Tossed Salad by Mindy Fox
With 100 recipes broken down by type (leaf, egg, beans and grains, fish, poultry and meat), this is the ideal summer picnic companion.
6. Mugaritz Cookbook by Andoni Luis Aduriz
This weighty cookbook is lovely to own – even if you don't want to make potato stones or cook your carrots in clay every night.
7. The Little Paris Kitchen by Rachel Khoo
It is hard not to find at least something to like in Rachel Khoo's 120-recipe take on modern French cooking.
8. Warm Bagels & Apple Strudel by Ruth Joseph and Simon Round
This hymn to Jewish food has 150 recipes. The "starters" section is particularly great.
9. Supper with Rosie by Rosie Lovell
Lovell's down-on-the-farm-style book of light, easy-to-follow recipes is a delight. The hazelnut meringue is a particular delight.
10. The Art of Cooking with Vegetables by Alain Passard
Passard gives us 50 seasonal veg recipes from March's herb-filled peppers to December's chicory with orange peel.
Apple agrees deal with Visa on contactless payments
Life & Style blogs
Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
Is Apple's iCloud safe after leak of Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities' nude photos?
Porn film production 'must stop in Los Angeles' after actor tests positive for HIV
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
iJobs Food & Drink
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...