The 10 Best summer cookbooks
Whether you're after a recipe for a spectacular salad or a brilliant barbecue, these have tasty ideas
1. The Food of Spain by Claudia Roden
Roden's recipes are thoughtful, well researched and within the reach of most cooks. Seafood in saffron béchamel, anyone?
2. Friends at My Table by Alice Hart
If you are looking for a guide to feeding big groups in an informal way, then it's worth checking out Hart's breezy book.
3. Momofuku Milk Bar by Christina Tosi
Here you'll find Momofuku's wittiest creations, such as cereal milk ice cream and crack pie, a confection of sugar and butter.
4. Food You Can't Say No To by Tamasin Day-Lewis
Day-Lewis's style is all about simplicity, seasonality and a little eccentricity. Expect lots of cross-cultural summery dishes.
5. The Perfectly Tossed Salad by Mindy Fox
With 100 recipes broken down by type (leaf, egg, beans and grains, fish, poultry and meat), this is the ideal summer picnic companion.
6. Mugaritz Cookbook by Andoni Luis Aduriz
This weighty cookbook is lovely to own – even if you don't want to make potato stones or cook your carrots in clay every night.
7. The Little Paris Kitchen by Rachel Khoo
It is hard not to find at least something to like in Rachel Khoo's 120-recipe take on modern French cooking.
8. Warm Bagels & Apple Strudel by Ruth Joseph and Simon Round
This hymn to Jewish food has 150 recipes. The "starters" section is particularly great.
9. Supper with Rosie by Rosie Lovell
Lovell's down-on-the-farm-style book of light, easy-to-follow recipes is a delight. The hazelnut meringue is a particular delight.
10. The Art of Cooking with Vegetables by Alain Passard
Passard gives us 50 seasonal veg recipes from March's herb-filled peppers to December's chicory with orange peel.
Life & Style blogs
Plus live in a folly tower and Towcester growth
Plus how much you need to earn to rent in London, and new homes figures
Plus where The Apprentices live, house price growth outside London, and househunter numbers
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 3 Amir Khan interview: 'One second could end my boxing career'
- 4 Groundhog day looms for Arsène Wenger as Arsenal battle for a place in the Champions League on final day
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Food & Drink
£26400 - £36000 per annum: Randstad Education Maidstone: An Independant school...
£22k-£25k + comm + benefits: Blue Travel Solutions: LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN TH...
£26k-£29k + excellent comm: Blue Travel Solutions: We have a high-end luxury t...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + (£15K + Uncapped Commission & Benefits): Flight Ce...