The 10 Best summer cookbooks
Whether you're after a recipe for a spectacular salad or a brilliant barbecue, these have tasty ideas
1. The Food of Spain by Claudia Roden
Roden's recipes are thoughtful, well researched and within the reach of most cooks. Seafood in saffron béchamel, anyone?
2. Friends at My Table by Alice Hart
If you are looking for a guide to feeding big groups in an informal way, then it's worth checking out Hart's breezy book.
3. Momofuku Milk Bar by Christina Tosi
Here you'll find Momofuku's wittiest creations, such as cereal milk ice cream and crack pie, a confection of sugar and butter.
4. Food You Can't Say No To by Tamasin Day-Lewis
Day-Lewis's style is all about simplicity, seasonality and a little eccentricity. Expect lots of cross-cultural summery dishes.
5. The Perfectly Tossed Salad by Mindy Fox
With 100 recipes broken down by type (leaf, egg, beans and grains, fish, poultry and meat), this is the ideal summer picnic companion.
6. Mugaritz Cookbook by Andoni Luis Aduriz
This weighty cookbook is lovely to own – even if you don't want to make potato stones or cook your carrots in clay every night.
7. The Little Paris Kitchen by Rachel Khoo
It is hard not to find at least something to like in Rachel Khoo's 120-recipe take on modern French cooking.
8. Warm Bagels & Apple Strudel by Ruth Joseph and Simon Round
This hymn to Jewish food has 150 recipes. The "starters" section is particularly great.
9. Supper with Rosie by Rosie Lovell
Lovell's down-on-the-farm-style book of light, easy-to-follow recipes is a delight. The hazelnut meringue is a particular delight.
10. The Art of Cooking with Vegetables by Alain Passard
Passard gives us 50 seasonal veg recipes from March's herb-filled peppers to December's chicory with orange peel.
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Life & Style blogs
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
Diamond dogs: A Chanel pearl necklace isn’t just for Christmas...
GTA 5: Rockstar bans gamers stealing in-game money worth millions
Microsoft announces first exclusive Xbox One content: a documentary on the worst video game ever
- 1 Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 - £21000 per annum + Basic salary +incentives: FCm Travel Solutions: FC...
£54000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Flight Centre Glo...
£27000 - £27500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Flight Centre Glo...
£30000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: Flight Centre's e-c...