The 10 Best summer cookbooks
Whether you're after a recipe for a spectacular salad or a brilliant barbecue, these have tasty ideas
1. The Food of Spain by Claudia Roden
Roden's recipes are thoughtful, well researched and within the reach of most cooks. Seafood in saffron béchamel, anyone?
2. Friends at My Table by Alice Hart
If you are looking for a guide to feeding big groups in an informal way, then it's worth checking out Hart's breezy book.
3. Momofuku Milk Bar by Christina Tosi
Here you'll find Momofuku's wittiest creations, such as cereal milk ice cream and crack pie, a confection of sugar and butter.
4. Food You Can't Say No To by Tamasin Day-Lewis
Day-Lewis's style is all about simplicity, seasonality and a little eccentricity. Expect lots of cross-cultural summery dishes.
5. The Perfectly Tossed Salad by Mindy Fox
With 100 recipes broken down by type (leaf, egg, beans and grains, fish, poultry and meat), this is the ideal summer picnic companion.
6. Mugaritz Cookbook by Andoni Luis Aduriz
This weighty cookbook is lovely to own – even if you don't want to make potato stones or cook your carrots in clay every night.
7. The Little Paris Kitchen by Rachel Khoo
It is hard not to find at least something to like in Rachel Khoo's 120-recipe take on modern French cooking.
8. Warm Bagels & Apple Strudel by Ruth Joseph and Simon Round
This hymn to Jewish food has 150 recipes. The "starters" section is particularly great.
9. Supper with Rosie by Rosie Lovell
Lovell's down-on-the-farm-style book of light, easy-to-follow recipes is a delight. The hazelnut meringue is a particular delight.
10. The Art of Cooking with Vegetables by Alain Passard
Passard gives us 50 seasonal veg recipes from March's herb-filled peppers to December's chicory with orange peel.
Life & Style blogs
Android One handsets launch in India: £65 apiece with cricket scores baked in
Students in the south east of England gain the most weight in their first year
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Bulletproof Coffee: is adding butter to your coffee a good way to start the day?
Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 4 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...