The 10 Best summer rosés
From the sun-drenched vineyards of Provence to the slopes of Surrey, the pink drink is better than ever...
Friday 29 June 2012
1. Villa Maria Private Bin Rosé 2011
This rosé boasts aromas of fresh lime-blossom, strawberry and guava, while the palate is full of lovely richness and lively acidity.
2. Les Ruettes Sancerre Rosé 2010
Fresh with great flavour and texture, this is grown with modern techniques to retain maximum aroma and fresh fruit flavours.
3. Aix Rosé 2010/2011
A magnum of decent wine is a treat for a get-together and this won't disappoint. Vibrant and summery, it is the definitive Provence rosé. Good with canapés or seafood.
4. Rococo Rosé NV, Yarra Valley
This sparkling rosé from Australia has creamy, petal-like aromas and tastes soft and light, with beautifully ripe fruit flavours.
5. Las Falleras Rosé 2011
Vividly pink, this wine is made from the local bobal grape in the Utiel-Requena of Spain. The result is a dry wine that lends itself to a variety of dishes.
6. Château Pigoudet La Chapelle Rosé 2011
A super-light wine with aromas of red apples and ripe cherries. It's fantastically fresh thanks to the winemakers' southern position.
7. El Guia Rosado 2011 Utiel-Requena
Rich with grapefruit and sweet strawberry flavours, a rosé from Spain's east coast that is perfect for picnics and great value.
8. Denbies Chalk Ridge Rosé
This rosé from the commuter belt of Dorking scooped the gold medal in the International Wine Challenge. It is refreshing, elegant and full of English summer fruits.
9. Les Bastions Rosé, Saint Mont 2011
Full of strawberries, cherry and redcurrant flavours, this rosé has a pleasantly dry finish.
10. Domaine Ott, Côtes de Provence Rosé 2009
This is phenomenal. The grapes are stringently selected and delicately pressed. Enjoy with scallops, salmon or sweet and sour pork.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...