The 10 Best summer rosés
From the sun-drenched vineyards of Provence to the slopes of Surrey, the pink drink is better than ever...
1. Villa Maria Private Bin Rosé 2011
This rosé boasts aromas of fresh lime-blossom, strawberry and guava, while the palate is full of lovely richness and lively acidity.
2. Les Ruettes Sancerre Rosé 2010
Fresh with great flavour and texture, this is grown with modern techniques to retain maximum aroma and fresh fruit flavours.
3. Aix Rosé 2010/2011
A magnum of decent wine is a treat for a get-together and this won't disappoint. Vibrant and summery, it is the definitive Provence rosé. Good with canapés or seafood.
4. Rococo Rosé NV, Yarra Valley
This sparkling rosé from Australia has creamy, petal-like aromas and tastes soft and light, with beautifully ripe fruit flavours.
5. Las Falleras Rosé 2011
Vividly pink, this wine is made from the local bobal grape in the Utiel-Requena of Spain. The result is a dry wine that lends itself to a variety of dishes.
6. Château Pigoudet La Chapelle Rosé 2011
A super-light wine with aromas of red apples and ripe cherries. It's fantastically fresh thanks to the winemakers' southern position.
7. El Guia Rosado 2011 Utiel-Requena
Rich with grapefruit and sweet strawberry flavours, a rosé from Spain's east coast that is perfect for picnics and great value.
8. Denbies Chalk Ridge Rosé
This rosé from the commuter belt of Dorking scooped the gold medal in the International Wine Challenge. It is refreshing, elegant and full of English summer fruits.
9. Les Bastions Rosé, Saint Mont 2011
Full of strawberries, cherry and redcurrant flavours, this rosé has a pleasantly dry finish.
10. Domaine Ott, Côtes de Provence Rosé 2009
This is phenomenal. The grapes are stringently selected and delicately pressed. Enjoy with scallops, salmon or sweet and sour pork.
Life & Style blogs
BBC journalist Justin Webb talks about his experiences of the advances in preventing heart attacks a...
Plus the Property Power 100, and the best day to sell your home
Nobel Peace prize winner Albert Schweitzer once quipped: “Happiness is nothing more than good health...
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
'Xbox Now!': Speculation rife ahead of Microsoft console launch, but what should we expect?
Masculinity in crisis? 'There is a battle going on inside us that is never discussed'
You Fitch! The case against Abercrombie
Privatised service 'puts patients at risk' with lack of out-of-hours GPs
- 1 The ‘Beverly Hills’ of Surrey pays more income tax than big cities of the North
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 'Revenge porn' is no longer a niche activity which victimises only celebrities - the law must intervene
- 4 The moral case on tax avoidance is overwhelming - and we all know Google wants to do the right thing
- 5 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Jose Mourinho at Chelsea will be a reunion that can only end in tears
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Food & Drink
£450 - £500 per annum: Progressive Recruitment: BI Developer (SQL Server 2008,...
£26400 - £36000 per annum: Randstad Education Maidstone: An Independant school...
£22k-£25k + comm + benefits: Blue Travel Solutions: LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN TH...
£26k-£29k + excellent comm: Blue Travel Solutions: We have a high-end luxury t...