The 10 Best summer rosés
From the sun-drenched vineyards of Provence to the slopes of Surrey, the pink drink is better than ever...
Friday 29 June 2012
1. Villa Maria Private Bin Rosé 2011
This rosé boasts aromas of fresh lime-blossom, strawberry and guava, while the palate is full of lovely richness and lively acidity.
2. Les Ruettes Sancerre Rosé 2010
Fresh with great flavour and texture, this is grown with modern techniques to retain maximum aroma and fresh fruit flavours.
3. Aix Rosé 2010/2011
A magnum of decent wine is a treat for a get-together and this won't disappoint. Vibrant and summery, it is the definitive Provence rosé. Good with canapés or seafood.
4. Rococo Rosé NV, Yarra Valley
This sparkling rosé from Australia has creamy, petal-like aromas and tastes soft and light, with beautifully ripe fruit flavours.
5. Las Falleras Rosé 2011
Vividly pink, this wine is made from the local bobal grape in the Utiel-Requena of Spain. The result is a dry wine that lends itself to a variety of dishes.
6. Château Pigoudet La Chapelle Rosé 2011
A super-light wine with aromas of red apples and ripe cherries. It's fantastically fresh thanks to the winemakers' southern position.
7. El Guia Rosado 2011 Utiel-Requena
Rich with grapefruit and sweet strawberry flavours, a rosé from Spain's east coast that is perfect for picnics and great value.
8. Denbies Chalk Ridge Rosé
This rosé from the commuter belt of Dorking scooped the gold medal in the International Wine Challenge. It is refreshing, elegant and full of English summer fruits.
9. Les Bastions Rosé, Saint Mont 2011
Full of strawberries, cherry and redcurrant flavours, this rosé has a pleasantly dry finish.
10. Domaine Ott, Côtes de Provence Rosé 2009
This is phenomenal. The grapes are stringently selected and delicately pressed. Enjoy with scallops, salmon or sweet and sour pork.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 5C could be killed next year, and Apple’s cheap and cheerful line might die with it
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Black Friday: Best fashion deals -online and on the high-street
UK's first plus-size fashion magazine Slink hits the shelves: 'Style doesn't stop at size 8'
- 1 Sean Abbott: Messages of support flood in for bowler following death of batsman Phil Hughes
- 2 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 3 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 4 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 5 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + £100,000 OTE: h2 Recruit Ltd: Birmingham, Derby, L...
£55000 - £65000 per annum: Investigo: My client, a global leader in their fiel...
£45000 - £52000 per annum + bonus+bens : Investigo: My client, a global leader...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...