The 10 Best summer soups
For a simple supper, give salad a swerve and sit down to an even more refreshing meal in a bowl...
1. Duchy Originals Sweet Pea with Mint
A classic summer soup done remarkably well. It's graceful, fresh and as pea-y as you'd expect. Benefits from a dash of pepper.
2. Yorkshire Provender Asparagus
A lovely summer-has-arrived asparagus flavour backed up with hints of peas, spinach and celery.
3. Rod and Ben's Thai Vegetable
A hearty winter vegetable soup, slimmed down and given an Asian makeover. A fine, slightly spiced offering.
4. Yorkshire Provender Beetroot, Parsnip, Horseradish and Ginger
A symphonic combination; full-bodied, almost crunchy.
5. Heston from Waitrose Tomato Gazpacho
Airy and light, slightly on the sweeter side of things, it benefits from a glug of olive oil and pepper, but it's still a good soup.
6. Brindisa Gazpacho
Rich tomatoes, refreshing cucumbers and a zing from the sherry vinegar. It also benefits from having no bread in the mix, so is nice and dainty.
7. New Covent Garden British Parsnip, Apple & Elderflower
Pretty interesting, if a little on the sweet side. Quite floral and the apples give an unusual edge.
8. Tideford Carrot and Coriander
You can serve this warm if the sun has deserted you, but it's best just out of the fridge. Nothing exotic, but good.
9. Glorious Thai Carrot and Lemongrass
Lightly spiced, pleasingly thin, and with a fresh flavour which makes it ideal as a summer lunchtime treat.
10. Daylesford Organic Tomato, Cucumber and Fennel
Cucumber chunks and a wink of fennel, a cracking chilled soup, but you pay for that high quality.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 5 Baby rescued 1km out to sea after parents forgot about her
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...