The 50 Best Farm Shops
From artisan cheeses to free-range bangers – scrumptious foods are feeding our love of delectable delis. Rhiannon Batten picks the cream of the crop
Saturday 01 November 2008
Click the image to the right to launch the 50 best.
Do you know any local farm produce suppliers who we've missed out who deserve a mention? Leave details and further suggestions below.
This week's panel: Henrietta Green is an expert on Britain's local and regional speciality food producers and the founder of Food Lovers Britain (FoodLoversBritain.com); Roopa Gulati is the deputy food editor of UKTV Food (www.uktv.co.uk/food) and a regular judge on Radio 4's Food and Farming Awards; Matthew Drennan is the editor of delicious. magazine (www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk); Amanda Smyth is the head of marketing for Visit England (www.enjoyengland.com/ruralescapes). For more information on food in Scotland see www.eastscotland.com
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...