The 50 Best Farm Shops
From artisan cheeses to free-range bangers – scrumptious foods are feeding our love of delectable delis. Rhiannon Batten picks the cream of the crop
Saturday 01 November 2008
Click the image to the right to launch the 50 best.
Do you know any local farm produce suppliers who we've missed out who deserve a mention? Leave details and further suggestions below.
This week's panel: Henrietta Green is an expert on Britain's local and regional speciality food producers and the founder of Food Lovers Britain (FoodLoversBritain.com); Roopa Gulati is the deputy food editor of UKTV Food (www.uktv.co.uk/food) and a regular judge on Radio 4's Food and Farming Awards; Matthew Drennan is the editor of delicious. magazine (www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk); Amanda Smyth is the head of marketing for Visit England (www.enjoyengland.com/ruralescapes). For more information on food in Scotland see www.eastscotland.com
Life & Style blogs
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Facebook status updates indicates whether a user is narcissistic or neurotic, research finds
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...