The 50 Best gastro pubs
From buzzing city bars to snug country inns, Sophie Morris raises a glass to the best places in Britain to wash down fine food with choice ales, scrumptious ciders and world-class wines
Saturday 13 August 2011
This week's panel:
Jackie Bates is editor of the ‘AA Pub Guide’ ( www.theaa.com);
David Hancock is editor of ‘Alastair Sawday’s Special Places Pubs & Inns of England & Wales’ (RRP £15.99 or £11.99 + P&P from www.sawdays.co.uk/bookshop);
Iain Loe is Camra’s research and information manager ( www.camra.org.uk);
Fiona Stapley is co-editor of ‘The Good Pub Guide’ ( www.thegoodpubguide.co.uk)
Leave your comments and suggestions below
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...