The 50 Best gastro pubs
From buzzing city bars to snug country inns, Sophie Morris raises a glass to the best places in Britain to wash down fine food with choice ales, scrumptious ciders and world-class wines
Saturday 13 August 2011
This week's panel:
Jackie Bates is editor of the ‘AA Pub Guide’ ( www.theaa.com);
David Hancock is editor of ‘Alastair Sawday’s Special Places Pubs & Inns of England & Wales’ (RRP £15.99 or £11.99 + P&P from www.sawdays.co.uk/bookshop);
Iain Loe is Camra’s research and information manager ( www.camra.org.uk);
Fiona Stapley is co-editor of ‘The Good Pub Guide’ ( www.thegoodpubguide.co.uk)
Leave your comments and suggestions below
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 2 Japanese plant experts produce 10,000 lettuce heads a day in LED-lit indoor farm
- 3 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...