Trending: Oi Marco! A rarebit of advice for you
Wednesday 20 June 2012
"I've never had an enjoyable meal in Wales," Knorr spokesman Marco Pierre White told MSN yesterday. Well, say the Welsh, "paid a malu cachu, Marco!". We asked The Independent's food experts to suggest just a handful of Wales's many excellent dining rooms:
1. The Potted Pig
A new addition to the Welsh capital: critic Jay Rayner called the swine-focused Cardiff kitchen a "gift to the city".
2. The Star at Whitebrook
Matthew Norman called the Star's chef James Sommerin "one of those rare and sainted cooks whose talent and technical mastery is matched by his perfectionist desire to please the punters".
3. The Hardwick
Stephen Terry's snug converted pub feasts off the mine of great local Monmouthshire produce.
4. Mind and Mustard
An unlikely looking, but brilliant Cardiff Keralan from Pramod Nair – recently named one of UK's top 100 restaurants.
5. The Checkers
Stéphane Borie's kitchen earned a Michelin star this year. The Powys pub was described by the guide as "the new star of Wales".
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Ukip's official health spokesperson: 'Honestly, I have no experience in health whatsoever'
'Cigarettes, whisky, and wild, wild women'
Deliberately urinating before sex can increase risk of urinary tract infections
Doctors to trial 29-point checklist for elderly patients facing 'unavoidable' death
- 1 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 2 Mother of newborn Baby No 59 trapped in sewer pipe told Chinese police she 'heard crying' when she raised alarm
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 This crazy skiing video will leave you feeling queasy
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Technician - Y...