Trending: Oi Marco! A rarebit of advice for you
Wednesday 20 June 2012
"I've never had an enjoyable meal in Wales," Knorr spokesman Marco Pierre White told MSN yesterday. Well, say the Welsh, "paid a malu cachu, Marco!". We asked The Independent's food experts to suggest just a handful of Wales's many excellent dining rooms:
1. The Potted Pig
A new addition to the Welsh capital: critic Jay Rayner called the swine-focused Cardiff kitchen a "gift to the city".
2. The Star at Whitebrook
Matthew Norman called the Star's chef James Sommerin "one of those rare and sainted cooks whose talent and technical mastery is matched by his perfectionist desire to please the punters".
3. The Hardwick
Stephen Terry's snug converted pub feasts off the mine of great local Monmouthshire produce.
4. Mind and Mustard
An unlikely looking, but brilliant Cardiff Keralan from Pramod Nair – recently named one of UK's top 100 restaurants.
5. The Checkers
Stéphane Borie's kitchen earned a Michelin star this year. The Powys pub was described by the guide as "the new star of Wales".
Life & Style blogs
Britain's kitchens so filthy that they present a health risk, says new research
Fashion Revolution Day: wear your clothes inside out and ask #whomademyclothes to support worker welfare
The world's first edible garden of cake
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 1 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 2 How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 5 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
iJobs Food & Drink
£35 - 45k: Guru Careers: An MI Developer is needed to join the leading provide...
£20000 - £22500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leisure organisation manag...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Delivering an inspiring, engagi...
£17500 - £20500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for a great te...