Trending: The campaign for good, honest Italian street food starts here
We reported last week on the rise of the Pizza à la Bastard, or egregious violations of the dish by food technologists armed with toppings and techniques as removed as the Moon from its Neapolitan origins.
Most serious among these crimes was Pizza Hut's crust stuffed with hot-dog meat, but what horrors have arrived in the days since publication! Starting an occasional feature, we present the "pizza cupcake", the unsavoury collision of two food trends, and, from the ever-reliable Pizza Hut, a dish that would have even Elvis spinning in his grave: a pizza with a crust formed of a dozen cheeseburgers. Do let us know if you've seen worse.
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...