US cinnamon addiction claims a new victim
Pringles has released a triumvirate of festive flavours in the US. This Christmas there will be pumpkin pie, white chocolate and peppermint – and sugar and sodding cinnamon.
Just what is it with our American cousins and cinnamon? You can't walk into a Starbucks over there without being assailed by it like a cloud of midges, or open a box of cereal without finding it spiked with "America's favourite spice". People even suggest putting it in your air conditioner to make your home smell "more homely" if you are trying to sell it, which strikes me as merely a quick way to make it like a Viennese bakery.
Of course the once noble spice, which was eulogised in the Song of Solomon, and noted by Pliny the Elder as having a worth 15-times that of silver, does have a place: a cinnamon and apple crumble. A hard-to-reach low-end crisp, however? Not so much.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Pirelli calendar 2015: First plus-size model Candice Huffine is featured alongside Adriana Lima and Natalia Vodianova in a fetish-themed shoot
Christian Louboutin launches £495 nail polish
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
iJobs Food & Drink
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...
£60000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: A global leading travel busi...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This charming and contemporary ...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...