Why I Love: A little bit of what you fancy
Laura Mercier, make-up mogul
Sunday 21 June 2009
It has taken me a lifetime to find balance with food – I have the kind of metabolism that will find calories even in the air around me – but I have finally learnt how to enjoy it. Pleasure for me is now quality not quantity, so I get more from a few squares of intense, dark chocolate or a piece of organic bread than from a whole tablet of Lindt.
As a Frenchwoman living in New York, it's easier to be moderate because although there is food everywhere, it's mainly junk which doesn't tempt me. Europe is much more difficult because there are so many fantastic markets with fresh produce.
The sensual pleasure of food is an inspiration for my range. But if I were bathing in my Crème Brûlée bath foam and you offered me a real crème brûlée could I refuse? I'm not sure.
The Laura Mercier Afternoon Tea is now available at Harvey Nichols, Knightsbridge, London SW1, www.harveynichols.com
Life & Style blogs
Revenge porn: What is it – and how big is the problem?
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Windows 10: Microsoft bypasses 'Windows 9' to unveil new operating system
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
The truth about student sex workers: it's far from Belle Du Jour
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...