Why I Love: A little bit of what you fancy
Laura Mercier, make-up mogul
Sunday 21 June 2009
It has taken me a lifetime to find balance with food – I have the kind of metabolism that will find calories even in the air around me – but I have finally learnt how to enjoy it. Pleasure for me is now quality not quantity, so I get more from a few squares of intense, dark chocolate or a piece of organic bread than from a whole tablet of Lindt.
As a Frenchwoman living in New York, it's easier to be moderate because although there is food everywhere, it's mainly junk which doesn't tempt me. Europe is much more difficult because there are so many fantastic markets with fresh produce.
The sensual pleasure of food is an inspiration for my range. But if I were bathing in my Crème Brûlée bath foam and you offered me a real crème brûlée could I refuse? I'm not sure.
The Laura Mercier Afternoon Tea is now available at Harvey Nichols, Knightsbridge, London SW1, www.harveynichols.com
Life & Style blogs
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...