Why I Love: A little bit of what you fancy
Laura Mercier, make-up mogul
Sunday 21 June 2009
It has taken me a lifetime to find balance with food – I have the kind of metabolism that will find calories even in the air around me – but I have finally learnt how to enjoy it. Pleasure for me is now quality not quantity, so I get more from a few squares of intense, dark chocolate or a piece of organic bread than from a whole tablet of Lindt.
As a Frenchwoman living in New York, it's easier to be moderate because although there is food everywhere, it's mainly junk which doesn't tempt me. Europe is much more difficult because there are so many fantastic markets with fresh produce.
The sensual pleasure of food is an inspiration for my range. But if I were bathing in my Crème Brûlée bath foam and you offered me a real crème brûlée could I refuse? I'm not sure.
The Laura Mercier Afternoon Tea is now available at Harvey Nichols, Knightsbridge, London SW1, www.harveynichols.com
Life & Style blogs
- 1 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 2 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 3 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 4 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...