Wine: 2009 Asda Extra Special Chianti Classico Riserva; 2009 Skilogalee Basket Pressed Shiraz, Clare Valley; 2011 Yabby Lake Single Vineyard Chardonnay
Saturday 17 August 2013
2009 Asda Extra Special Chianti Classico Riserva
There's more to this Tuscan red than meets the eye: a sangiovese-based blend that's invitingly aromatic and full-flavoured. £9, Asda
2009 Skilogalee Basket Pressed Shiraz, Clare Valley
Smoky, dark berry aromatics and ripe sweet and blackberry fruit endowed with liquorice spice. £17.95, Great Western Wine, harperwells.com
2011 Yabby Lake Single Vineyard Chardonnay
Terrific new wave Mornington chardonnay with complex aromas and delicate toasty oak bringing texture and nuttiness. £35, Hedonism Wine
As Voltaire once said, “Ice cream is exquisite. What a pity it isn’t illegal”
Life & Style blogs
Movie pirate given almost 3 years in prison for filming Fast & Furious 6 in back of cinema
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for beauty pageant
Doctors tell Treasury of their anger at rejection of pay reviews
Exclusive: Tickets for Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in London are not on ‘sale’
- 1 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for beauty pageant
- 2 Crystal Palace next manager latest: Palace consider Ally McCoist - EXCLUSIVE
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 Tim Sherwood column: 'It started as a three-horse race but turned into the Grand National'
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...