Wine: 2009 Asda Extra Special Chianti Classico Riserva; 2009 Skilogalee Basket Pressed Shiraz, Clare Valley; 2011 Yabby Lake Single Vineyard Chardonnay
Saturday 17 August 2013
2009 Asda Extra Special Chianti Classico Riserva
There's more to this Tuscan red than meets the eye: a sangiovese-based blend that's invitingly aromatic and full-flavoured. £9, Asda
2009 Skilogalee Basket Pressed Shiraz, Clare Valley
Smoky, dark berry aromatics and ripe sweet and blackberry fruit endowed with liquorice spice. £17.95, Great Western Wine, harperwells.com
2011 Yabby Lake Single Vineyard Chardonnay
Terrific new wave Mornington chardonnay with complex aromas and delicate toasty oak bringing texture and nuttiness. £35, Hedonism Wine
Life & Style blogs
The Swedes are adding a gender-neutral pronoun to their dictionary
Astrological signs are almost all wrong, as movement of moon and sun throws out zodiac
PTSD photo series documents what the disorder is really like – as study reveals suicides of 22 US veterans every day
The distress of some Zayn Malik fans is real, and they need support, say experts
Eating quinoa and whole grains every day could help you live longer
- 1 Finland schools: Subjects scrapped and replaced with 'topics' as country reforms its education system
- 2 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 3 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 4 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
- 5 Zayn Malik quits One Direction: Hundreds of workers request compassionate leave following band member's exit
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...