Wine: 2012 Torres Viña Esmeralda; 2009 Château Sénéjac, Haut-Médoc, Bordeaux; 2011 Robert Oatley Margaret River Finisterre Chardonnay
Saturday 24 August 2013
2012 Torres Viña Esmeralda
The perfect summery patio sipper, this is delightfully jasmine-like in its fragrance with a juicy quality of lychee-like fruit cut by orange peel freshness. Around £8.29, Waitrose, Tesco.com, Tanners
2009 Château Sénéjac, Haut-Médoc, Bordeaux
There's a veneer of aromatic liquorice and vanilla spice behind the dark cherry and blackcurrant of this medium-bodied cru bourgeois. £12.99, Co-op
2011 Robert Oatley Margaret River Finisterre Chardonnay
This vibrant wine has underlying nutty characters and limey freshness that bring balance and a meursault-like complexity to its opulent fruit. £18.99, Waitrose
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...