Wine: 2012 Torres Viña Esmeralda; 2009 Château Sénéjac, Haut-Médoc, Bordeaux; 2011 Robert Oatley Margaret River Finisterre Chardonnay
Saturday 24 August 2013
2012 Torres Viña Esmeralda
The perfect summery patio sipper, this is delightfully jasmine-like in its fragrance with a juicy quality of lychee-like fruit cut by orange peel freshness. Around £8.29, Waitrose, Tesco.com, Tanners
2009 Château Sénéjac, Haut-Médoc, Bordeaux
There's a veneer of aromatic liquorice and vanilla spice behind the dark cherry and blackcurrant of this medium-bodied cru bourgeois. £12.99, Co-op
2011 Robert Oatley Margaret River Finisterre Chardonnay
This vibrant wine has underlying nutty characters and limey freshness that bring balance and a meursault-like complexity to its opulent fruit. £18.99, Waitrose
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...