Wine: Reds for roasts
Terry Kirby picks three wines to accompany the best meal of the week
Saturday 03 December 2011
Chateau D'Angles La Clape Classique Rouge 2008
Robust, herby red, from typical southern French varieties of syrah, grenache and mourvedre. Good with all roasts.
£9.99 Wine Rack (down from £11.99)
Villa Monticelli Polvento 2006
With duck or goose, try this rich, mellow, barrel-aged and earthy Italian using a sangiovese based blend from one of Umbria's most respected producers.
£12.50 Wine Society
Cono Sur Reserve Pinot Noir 2010
Good Burgundy is expensive, but lovers of medium-bodied, elegant reds to match roast turkey or chicken have an excellent alternative with this Chilean pinot.
£7.49 Waitrose (offer ends 6 Dec)
Life & Style blogs
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
Watch teenager Collin Burns break the Rubik's Cube world record by solving puzzle in just 5.25 seconds
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
‘My children can’t sleep, crying for daddy:’ How spouse immigration rules affect British families
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 'Isis' schoolgirls: Missing British teenager tweets picture of her Syrian takeaway
iJobs Food & Drink
£15310 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a...
£24000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Situated in the heart of Bradfo...
£18750 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Hotel in Chadderton is a popular ch...
£Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing and Co...