Wine: Reds for roasts
Terry Kirby picks three wines to accompany the best meal of the week
Saturday 03 December 2011
Chateau D'Angles La Clape Classique Rouge 2008
Robust, herby red, from typical southern French varieties of syrah, grenache and mourvedre. Good with all roasts.
£9.99 Wine Rack (down from £11.99)
Villa Monticelli Polvento 2006
With duck or goose, try this rich, mellow, barrel-aged and earthy Italian using a sangiovese based blend from one of Umbria's most respected producers.
£12.50 Wine Society
Cono Sur Reserve Pinot Noir 2010
Good Burgundy is expensive, but lovers of medium-bodied, elegant reds to match roast turkey or chicken have an excellent alternative with this Chilean pinot.
£7.49 Waitrose (offer ends 6 Dec)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let’s see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Scottish independence: Former pro-union voters explain why they changed their minds to the Yes vote
- 3 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 4 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 5 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in the World Cup
iJobs Food & Drink
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...
£30K- £35K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...