Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 01 October 2011
2010 Tesco Finest Touriga Nacional This vigorous Portuguese tinto made from the number one Port grape displays a juicy, dark cherry and damson-fruit quality; a marked improvement on previous efforts. £5.79, down from £7.79, until Tuesday, Tesco
2010 Tesco Finest Touriga Nacional
This vigorous Portuguese tinto made from the number one Port grape displays a juicy, dark cherry and damson-fruit quality; a marked improvement on previous efforts. £5.79, down from £7.79, until Tuesday, Tesco
2010 Filosur Cabernet Sauvignon, Argentina
From Andeluna Cellars, based in Mendoza's high-altitude Uco Valley, this is a vivid cabernet whose cassis and cherry-fruit succulence is supported by an appetisingly savoury freshness. £9.99, buy 2 = £7.49, Majestic Wine
2009 Langhe Nebbiolo
While you wait for the barolo, the zingy fresh fruit in Andrea and Fabio Oberto's more affordable, spice-laden nebbiolo (same grape) makes this Piedmontese rosso a joy. £14.95, £13.95 bottle/case, Lea & Sandeman (020-7244 0522)
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
'I am a paedophile': Is our approach to sex offenders helping to create more victims?
Regin: Newly uncovered malicious software snooping since 2008 'was developed by a nation state'
Bio-engineering vaginas not about peach smell, company says, but making them healthier
Henri de Toulouse Lautrec: Google celebrates 150th anniversary of French artist's birth
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by police in Ohio park
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Naked free runner captured in breathtaking photographs above London's streets
- 5 Manchester United named Premier League's loudest fans despite late push by Chelsea according to 'Smart Meter' app
iJobs Food & Drink
£50000 - £55000 per annum: Investigo: A growing group of top end restaurants l...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...
£60000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: A global leading travel busi...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This charming and contemporary ...