Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 08 October 2011
2011 Tiger Horse Old Vine Cinsault, Swartland, South Africa
Aromatically enticing and halfway between a pinot noir and grenache,
this Cape red has a punchy sweetness to the cherryish fruit and firm grip of tannins on the aftertaste. £5.59, down from £8.49, Waitrose
2010 Tesco Finest Boranup Sauvignon Blanc Sémillon
A nettle and spearmint quality and a mix of passion fruit and grapefruit zest make this shellfish-friendly Margaret River-meets-white-Bordeaux blend zingy with a crisp aftertaste. £9.99, Tesco
2009 PSI, Peter Sisseck, Ribera del Duero
From the man behind Pingus, one of Spain's cult wines, this pure tempranillo is rich in cherry and plum flavours, spiced by oak and cut by a savoury freshness. £22.99, Corney & Barrow, (corneyandbarrow.com)
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Pirelli calendar 2015: First plus-size model Candice Huffine is featured alongside Adriana Lima and Natalia Vodianova in a fetish-themed shoot
Christian Louboutin launches £495 nail polish
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
iJobs Food & Drink
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...
£60000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: A global leading travel busi...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This charming and contemporary ...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...