Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 08 October 2011
2011 Tiger Horse Old Vine Cinsault, Swartland, South Africa
Aromatically enticing and halfway between a pinot noir and grenache,
this Cape red has a punchy sweetness to the cherryish fruit and firm grip of tannins on the aftertaste. £5.59, down from £8.49, Waitrose
2010 Tesco Finest Boranup Sauvignon Blanc Sémillon
A nettle and spearmint quality and a mix of passion fruit and grapefruit zest make this shellfish-friendly Margaret River-meets-white-Bordeaux blend zingy with a crisp aftertaste. £9.99, Tesco
2009 PSI, Peter Sisseck, Ribera del Duero
From the man behind Pingus, one of Spain's cult wines, this pure tempranillo is rich in cherry and plum flavours, spiced by oak and cut by a savoury freshness. £22.99, Corney & Barrow, (corneyandbarrow.com)
Life & Style blogs
Men in tights: getting to the bottom of the latest trend
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Night Nurse could put drivers over new drug limit
Stephen Hawking: NHS is Britain's finest public service and must be preserved from commercial interests
Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...