Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 08 October 2011
2011 Tiger Horse Old Vine Cinsault, Swartland, South Africa
Aromatically enticing and halfway between a pinot noir and grenache,
this Cape red has a punchy sweetness to the cherryish fruit and firm grip of tannins on the aftertaste. £5.59, down from £8.49, Waitrose
2010 Tesco Finest Boranup Sauvignon Blanc Sémillon
A nettle and spearmint quality and a mix of passion fruit and grapefruit zest make this shellfish-friendly Margaret River-meets-white-Bordeaux blend zingy with a crisp aftertaste. £9.99, Tesco
2009 PSI, Peter Sisseck, Ribera del Duero
From the man behind Pingus, one of Spain's cult wines, this pure tempranillo is rich in cherry and plum flavours, spiced by oak and cut by a savoury freshness. £22.99, Corney & Barrow, (corneyandbarrow.com)
Life & Style blogs
Google Maps Pacman: company offers chance to play arcade classic on streets around the world
Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
The Clove Club: The restaurant where you will pre-pay for your food
Apple Watch: What is it good for?
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Wakefield Deal...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: our .NET Developers / Software Dev...
£25,000 - £30,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...