Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 08 October 2011
2011 Tiger Horse Old Vine Cinsault, Swartland, South Africa
Aromatically enticing and halfway between a pinot noir and grenache,
this Cape red has a punchy sweetness to the cherryish fruit and firm grip of tannins on the aftertaste. £5.59, down from £8.49, Waitrose
2010 Tesco Finest Boranup Sauvignon Blanc Sémillon
A nettle and spearmint quality and a mix of passion fruit and grapefruit zest make this shellfish-friendly Margaret River-meets-white-Bordeaux blend zingy with a crisp aftertaste. £9.99, Tesco
2009 PSI, Peter Sisseck, Ribera del Duero
From the man behind Pingus, one of Spain's cult wines, this pure tempranillo is rich in cherry and plum flavours, spiced by oak and cut by a savoury freshness. £22.99, Corney & Barrow, (corneyandbarrow.com)
Life & Style blogs
Surgeon backs 'good death' plans - and reveals his own
NHS hit by stealth cuts of £2bn as tariffs received for medical procedures are reduced
How to survive a social-media mauling, by the tough women of Twitter
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Why this father didn’t hide his daughter’s heroin overdose in her obituary
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 The most powerful passports in the world
iJobs Food & Drink
£35 - 45k: Guru Careers: An MI Developer is needed to join the leading provide...
£20000 - £22500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leisure organisation manag...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Delivering an inspiring, engagi...
£17500 - £20500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for a great te...