Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 08 October 2011
2011 Tiger Horse Old Vine Cinsault, Swartland, South Africa
Aromatically enticing and halfway between a pinot noir and grenache,
this Cape red has a punchy sweetness to the cherryish fruit and firm grip of tannins on the aftertaste. £5.59, down from £8.49, Waitrose
2010 Tesco Finest Boranup Sauvignon Blanc Sémillon
A nettle and spearmint quality and a mix of passion fruit and grapefruit zest make this shellfish-friendly Margaret River-meets-white-Bordeaux blend zingy with a crisp aftertaste. £9.99, Tesco
2009 PSI, Peter Sisseck, Ribera del Duero
From the man behind Pingus, one of Spain's cult wines, this pure tempranillo is rich in cherry and plum flavours, spiced by oak and cut by a savoury freshness. £22.99, Corney & Barrow, (corneyandbarrow.com)
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
James Foley beheading: Twitter 'actively suspending' accounts sharing graphic imagery
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
'Long Live the Nazis' spaghetti dish sold in Taiwan renamed after backlash
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict
- 4 Nicki Minaj 'Anaconda': Singer finally releases predictable video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...